1. My album favorite for now
  2. love it up until the riff kicks in. Gets worse when Bono starts singing. Not keen
  3. has to be the best on the album

my bet for next single and show opener
  4. Yeah, I had the same reaction as many of you...definitely one of my new favorite songs ever.

5. Oh Gerard, I sometimes feel sorry for you for being a picky bastard lol.

6. my comments thus far have been more than complimentary. When the whole album is nothing like 'traditional' U2 then this stands out like a sore thumb
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

my comments thus far have been more than complimentary. When the whole album is nothing like 'traditional' U2 then this stands out like a sore thumb

Yes, I've read them. But your 'difficulty' to love tracks at first listen sometimes makes me smile in a positive way. As if I can feel the process.
  8. Originally posted by MWSAH:Yes, I've read them. But your 'difficulty' to love tracks at first listen sometimes makes me smile in a positive way. As if I can feel the process.
    Well, I think Magnificient is exactly the kind of song that a)you like and love from the first second or b)you more or less dislike it until the end of the world, and your opinion can only improve hearing it live or suddenly getting hooked on the song. Of course I am in a), but I'm afraid Gerard might be on b)...
  9. it will do the buisness live but the lyric and the riff aren't to my liking. That intro though is a stunner (everything before the riff)
  10. Wonder what Will.i.am made of this
  11. Great, great song - not sure about the very end though (magnificent, magnificent). Already knew it from the Summer Leak. Not disappointed!

12. amazing song. end of story