1. Uh-oh......I've had my first "Skipable Song" moment when listening to this CD straight through.

Congrats, "Unknown Caller."
  2. Originally posted by haytrain:Uh-oh......I've had my first "Skipable Song" moment when listening to this CD straight through.

I caught myself doing that too, it's my least favorite, I should give it a few more chances though.
  3. Song starts to grow on me. Actually I already love it.
  4. music is great on this track. the cheesy computer referenced lyrics are still making we cringe though
  5. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

I prefer the double tracked Bono vocals on the Beach Clip myself, gives it a more atmospheric/exotic feel.

I love the "ohh ohh ohh oh ohh" vocalisations here, probably the best on the album, very tastefully done.

Agreed upon further listens. Took a while though..
  6. Ok i first listened to the album a couple of times to post my opinion after a good consideration...

For me this the best song on the album, the singing of Bono & Edge is great, the "wohohohowoho" takes me away to a peaceful dreamland everytime !

7. He never will.

Little bit too long maybee, but this song i something special about it. Very uplifting.

8. I love it. My favorite song on the album. I wrote in my overall review of the album that this song reminds me of an Albert Camus short story written for the 21st century. A cellphone spouting out existential insight? Brilliant. The kind of avant-garde move that only U2 would try to pull among mainstream acts, the kind of thing that apparently still makes them the best band around.

So yeah, there's that, but on a less intellectual level: the solo kicks ass, too. :-)
  9. Originally posted by haytrain:Uh-oh......I've had my first "Skipable Song" moment when listening to this CD straight through.

that sucks. i think it's nothing short of out of this world genius
  10. Not sure about this one. I like it a lot one second then think it's forgettable the next. The chorus is what hinders for me. Love the verses and then the end.

Verse reminds me of some other U2 song, but can't place it. Possibly a B-side or album track. Along lines of Stateless but not that. Especially the 3.33 line..... anyone help?

4 stars on my iPod

(Based on 5 listens)
  11. Really great...this is to No Line what Weird Fishes/Arpeggi is to Radiohead's In Rainbows. I don't know why but for some reason I keep thinking of it that way.