1. hmmmmmmmm, still not sure on this one or white as now, i dunt think its a coincidence that they r the slowest 2 songs on album, hwich is the one about a reporter?
  2. Love it, its so haunting and ends the album on a somber note which i like.

PS All there best albums end with dark songs

Love is Blindness, Wake Up Dead Man, Mothers of the Disappeared Cedars of Lebanon
  3. Great closing song, and great lyrics if you look from the point of view from a war correspondent. I love this one, perfect going-to-sleep song
  4. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:Love it, its so haunting and ends the album on a somber note which i like.

PS All there best albums end with dark songs

Love is Blindness, Wake Up Dead Man, Mothers of the Disappeared Cedars of Lebanon

don't forget Shadows And Tall Trees and 40...
  5. hmmmmmmmmmm i don't know what i think of this song it has to grow on me
    i don't know the word in english but in holland we say it's sounds so monotoom .
    there is no real melody in it .....
    i'ts sounds so down .....and i don't like the end it PLOPs ....and it's all over
    nope this will not work for me
  6. Originally posted by Andrew_C:hmmmmmmmm, still not sure on this one or white as now, i dunt think its a coincidence that they r the slowest 2 songs on album, hwich is the one about a reporter?

Cedars is told trough the eyes of reporter, journalist.

Spent the night tryin to make a deadline
    Squeezin complicated lives into a simple headline

7. Like Fez / Being Born, I've given this one a good few listens. For some odd reason, I listened to the album last night and I fell asleep at this one (every time), so I've listened a few times today only.

First thoughts first: I got clear impressions of 40 and Wake Up Dead Man, plus Your Blue Room and Beach Sequence.

What I like about it is that it's a very conceptual song with a solider in Iraq / Afghanistan (or even past conflicts, maybe) with thoughts going through this unnamed soldier's mind, wondering just what his life has been worth to anyone (or even himself). Yet, it is another beautiful, slow, open song with Bono on top vocals, much like Fez / Being Born. Some of those sounds, are meant to represent certain sounds you hear through the night - the scratching at around 2.40, talking in the background all through the song...it's all there.

The way this ends is perfect. You couldn't do it any other way.

This is another one with lots of sounds and droning vocals in the background, and if it had to be compared to any Eno song, Inland Sea or Two Rapid Formations from Music For Films; certainly worthy of the third best song of No Line On The Horizon, with a 9 / 10.
  8. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Like Fez / Being Born, I've given this one a good few listens. For some odd reason, I listened to the album last night and I fell asleep at this one (every time), so I've listened a few times today only.

First thoughts first: I got clear impressions of 40 and Wake Up Dead Man, plus Your Blue Room and Beach Sequence.

What I like about it is that it's a very conceptual song with a solider in Iraq / Afghanistan (or even past conflicts, maybe) with thoughts going through this unnamed soldier's mind, wondering just what his life has been worth to anyone (or even himself). Yet, it is another beautiful, slow, open song with Bono on top vocals, much like Fez / Being Born. Some of those sounds, are meant to represent certain sounds you hear through the night - the scratching at around 2.40, talking in the background all through the song...it's all there.

The way this ends is perfect. You couldn't do it any other way.

This is another one with lots of sounds and droning vocals in the background, and if it had to be compared to any Eno song, Inland Sea or Two Rapid Formations from Music For Films; certainly worthy of the third best song of No Line On The Horizon, with a 9 / 10.

I'm lovin' your descriptions dude. You're making it very tempting for me.

9. This is all just rambling. It's hard to write a review for anything.

OK, next one then!
  10. Originally posted by drewhiggins:
    What I like about it is that it's a very conceptual song with a solider in Iraq / Afghanistan (or even past conflicts, maybe) with thoughts going through this unnamed soldier's mind, wondering just what his life has been worth to anyone (or even himself).

I'd rather think it's a war correspondent in Lebanon...
  11. This is an amazing track, cant stop to listen to it, brings tears in my eyes..Beautiful..
  12. I like it, it has got a bit of a jazz feel to it