1. First impressions were about the Iraq / Afghanistan conflicts. Second impressions would point it more towards what you're saying.

I told you; it was just rambling and utter crap what I was writing.
  2. Love the drum fills by Larry. so intense yet so soothing. its amazing work.
  3. Great album closer

But U2 always had great closers, some even better: 40, MLK, MOTD, Wanderer, WUDM... as being a Christian I also preferred Yahweh which I believe is the best ever closer. I know that I'm kind of a minority on this.

Alex

P.S.: PLEASE DON'T PLAY IT LIVE
  4. Originally posted by Alex:Great album closer

But U2 always had great closers, some even better: 40, MLK, MOTD, Wanderer, WUDM... as being a Christian I also preferred Yahweh which I believe is the best ever closer. I know that I'm kind of a minority on this.

Alex

P.S.: PLEASE DON'T PLAY IT LIVE

I don't consider myself a Christian, but Yahweh is...when people used to stand up and go out of cinema during Yahweh (speaking of U2:3D) I was mad like hell. The song is perfect.

5. Originally posted by Yogi:[..]

I don't consider myself a Christian, but Yahweh is...when people used to stand up and go out of cinema during Yahweh (speaking of U2:3D) I was mad like hell. The song is perfect.

gotta second that. especially the acoustic version from u23d was absolutely beautiful. a shame to leave before it ends.

cedars of lebanon is a very nice last song. I connected with it immediately. love the lyrics & the feeling I'm left with once the album ends.
  6. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]

cedars of lebanon is a very nice last song. I connected with it immediately. love the lyrics & the feeling I'm left with once the album ends.

I agree on that. what a wonderful song to end the album
  7. One of my favourite U2 songs ever, had it on repeat for ages but I do have a thing for this style of music.
  8. Originally posted by Yogi:[..]

Same here, Yahweh is a beautiful song, Cedars is great too, I'd actually like to hear it live, just to see how they'd do it
  9. Damn, couldn't they re-release the album, kick Unknown Caller, Magnificent, Boots and Stand up and fill the gap with 15 additional verses of cedars?
    What a song...
  10. Good album closer.
  11. Not quite at LIB for me, but nearly. Better than Mothers and album '40'. Very good lyrics and simple but haunting melody.

4 stars on my iPod

(Based on 5 listens)