1. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

I do like how Bono waves to his younger self on the screens during ZooTV. Also, the Popmart segue and the outro are quite cool but I'd go for JT and Lovetown if I had to choose.

Good stuff

2. It sometimes happens to me that I listen to stuff before I make up my opinion. Sorry.

3. Fair enough then.

4. Popmart, definetely. The seque is amazing and the intro and backing track is perfect. Especially Bono's voice during the seque is great when you listen to hq popmart bootlegs
  5. Not Popmart, but ZooTV with that looong transition from "Running To Stand Stil" to the Streets-Intro, which I've experienced in 1992 live, just have a look at Kiel 1992-06-13 .....

Thats It!!!

cu
    Hodel_05
  6. Part of the reason i choose the JT/Lovetown version is i didn't want to consider the segues, just the performance of the song itself. I feel like their was already a topic for segues and that they should be considered in their ownright. That's just how i looked at the question personally
  7. Originally posted by Risto:Popmart, definetely. The seque is amazing and the intro and backing track is perfect. Especially Bono's voice during the seque is great when you listen to hq popmart bootlegs

POPMart and ZOO TV are the best
  8. Yes ZooTV is also very good But it is great on all tours except vertigo
  9. I didn't like the popmart version. I ddn't like the added wah and synth parts, they made it into a dance song and I didn't like it all that much, plus Bono could barely sing it half the time. I'll point out certain things about each version I liked
    JT/Lovetown: During the JT tour it had the longer intro and outro, like the JT album version. The newer ones aren't as drawn out, or they have Bono talking during them (Elevation/Vertigo tours) And on the lovetown tour, at the end, when Bono sang "I wanna go there with you" He hit the high note and took it up a register, which gives me goosebumps each time. Amazing.
    ZooTV- Meh, it was alright, nothing that made it stand out, i liked it just as much as the JT and Lovetown versions. The added "Hey I remembre you!" to the video screen of the JT video shoot is really cool though, kind of like they're saying farewell to the old U2, but at the same time honouring them. Cool stuff.
    Popmart : Meh
    Elevation : More intimate, like the tour was, the Slane version is amazing, as well as a lot of the other times htey performed it over the tour. It was a litle too soft or conservative for me though.
    Vertigo: Like the elevation version, but they took it up a notch and erased the softness. It got back it's harshness that it had in the earlier tours, but it was perfected and nearly flawless, except for hte fact that Bono's voice wasn't as strong some of the time. Other than that, amazing.

Alex
  10. I did vote for Popmart. I think this is the best, but on Boston DVD Elevation it was also very nice to hear. Zoo TV is 2nd best
    Or mess those 3 ... I do like them all!