1. It seems strange this one didn’t make the cut for Elevation. IGWSHA seems like it would fit very well thematically with those tunes, but I reckon PopMart probably left too much of a bad taste in their mouths.

Of course, if they brought this back (especially full band!!!), I would probably keel over and die.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahahaha, lol I was about to comment about the blond<>blind switch and then I got to yout second paragraph Great minds think alike.

SO IN AGREEMENT with your final statement as well. It's a criminally forgotten album

3. Brilliant song, as are most of the POP songs. It's one of my favorite albums and I'm sure if I heard any POP song live, I'd absolutely go crazy. Particularly, Please and If you wear that velvet dress... And, also, I do agree that If God will send his angels would fit the narrative of the e+i. Right after Acrobat's madness, it could work well.
  4. Single version is the only version.
  5. I think it would be good if they did it something like SFS live where it started more acoustically before changing into electric after the first chorus where the guitar becomes more prominent. I really didn’t like the popmart versions of the song but that makes me even more keen to hear it done justice live. Can’t say I give it much hope of appearing though.

6. I like this!
  7. Man, there are people who say this about pretty much all of the Pop singles - and I gotta disagree. IMO the only "better" record of a song off Pop that isn't on the album is the new mix of Gone from the Best-of 90s-00 album.
  8. I prefer the single version of Last Night On Earth
  9. All single versions are superior to their album counterparts.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Man, there are people who say this about pretty much all of the Pop singles - and I gotta disagree. IMO the only "better" record of a song off Pop that isn't on the album is the new mix of Gone from the Best-of 90s-00 album.
    Agreed.
    Only Gone is superior to the album version.
    All the other ones add nothing
  11. I prefer the album version’s length and ordering of lyrics — BUT what I really want is the album version with the single version’s ending, where there are actual lyrics (“and I don’t wanna promise, cos I don’t wanna lie - I just know that I need you tonight”, wow) instead of just adlibbed scatting.
  12. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I prefer the album version’s length and ordering of lyrics — BUT what I really want is the album version with the single version’s ending, where there are actual lyrics (“and I don’t wanna promise, cos I don’t wanna lie - I just know that I need you tonight”, wow) instead of just adlibbed scatting.
    I really like that part too!