1. Originally posted by DavePoptart:Well like some of the fans said walking out of giants stadium. IT'S A GREAT BIG STAGE WITH A SHITTY SET LIST. I was like wow assholes. But the one guy had a point to much ATYCLB I love the album but play POP POP POP ZOOROPA ZOOROPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Songs that should be on the next few legs.

Mofo
    Discotheque
    Numb
    Please
    LNOE
    Do you feel loved

IT'S TIME TO BRING BACK THE MID TO LATE 90'S

POP ZOOROPA FOR THE NEXT LEG'S PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with the above songs. Pop is a superb album and it's live songs would just catapult the tour to a whole new level. It could also help to catapult their back catalogue and the status of Pop.
  2. Although Pop is not my favorite album (but I must admit it still has potential in terms of the album still growing on me after all this time - I just didn't give it a proper chance until recently...my bad!)..anyway, I agree as well. Some songs could be taken into the setlist.
    But since Pop isn't U2's favorite album, they propably won't take too much tracks from the album in their setlist.

And Numb is a fantastic idea!!! I remember seeing The Edge reading the text off a paper at their ZOO TV-show in the Netherlands in '93. That was pretty funny to watch.
    Who knows he might jsut do it again.....
  3. Originally posted by Rob1965:Although Pop is not my favorite album (but I must admit it still has potential in terms of the album still growing on me after all this time - I just didn't give it a proper chance until recently...my bad!)..anyway, I agree as well. Some songs could be taken into the setlist.
    But since Pop isn't U2's favorite album, they propably won't take too much tracks from the album in their setlist.

And Numb is a fantastic idea!!! I remember seeing The Edge reading the text off a paper at their ZOO TV-show in the Netherlands in '93. That was pretty funny to watch.
    Who knows he might jsut do it again.....

I can kind of see Numb being performed unplugged.
  4. Well, the good thing about this thread is that I started listening more closely to the Pop-album.
    Like I said in a previous post, I didn't give it a proper chance upon release. To be honest, there's a lot of (very) good stuff on that album. So, thanks for this thread.
  5. I love POP!
  6. I have a new way to get more of an appreciation of it. From each of the singles released and the Popmart DVD, you can get all the B-sides and live material from it and create sort of a longer version - which works if you want a sort of extension.

You could use the following - mine is exactly like this with the exception of Big Girls Are Best which I already have on Medium Rare And Remastered.

Please (Single Version)
    I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub - Instrumental)
    Mofo (Phunk Phorce Remix)
    Please (Live)
    Where The Streets Have No Name (Live)
    Discothèque (Live)
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Live)
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Live)
    Mysterious Ways (Live)
    One (Live)
    Last Night On Earth (First Night In Hell Remix)
    Holy Joe (Garage Mix)

I've also done the same with How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Fast Cars (Album Version)
    All Because Of You (Redanka Remix)
    Miracle Drug (Redanka Remix)
    Interview w/ U2, Steve Lillywhite and Flood
    Sometimes You Can't Make It... (Acoustic)
    Crumbs From Your Table (HQ Performance)
    Vertigo (Temple Bar Mix)
    Vertigo (HQ Performance)
    Are You Gonna Wait Forever
    Mercy

If I'm missing any really important tracks for either let me know.
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins:I have a new way to get more of an appreciation of it. From each of the singles released and the Popmart DVD, you can get all the B-sides and live material from it and create sort of a longer version - which works if you want a sort of extension.

You could use the following - mine is exactly like this with the exception of Big Girls Are Best which I already have on Medium Rare And Remastered.

Please (Single Version)
    I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub - Instrumental)
    Mofo (Phunk Phorce Remix)
    Please (Live)
    Where The Streets Have No Name (Live)
    Discothèque (Live)
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Live)
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Live)
    Mysterious Ways (Live)
    One (Live)
    Last Night On Earth (First Night In Hell Remix)
    Holy Joe (Garage Mix)

I've also done the same with How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Fast Cars (Album Version)
    All Because Of You (Redanka Remix)
    Miracle Drug (Redanka Remix)
    Interview w/ U2, Steve Lillywhite and Flood
    Sometimes You Can't Make It... (Acoustic)
    Crumbs From Your Table (HQ Performance)
    Vertigo (Temple Bar Mix)
    Vertigo (HQ Performance)
    Are You Gonna Wait Forever
    Mercy

If I'm missing any really important tracks for either let me know.

I wont say you're "missing" anything on either of those lists, because they're personalized for what you enjoy out of those albums. However, my favorite songs from Pop are "If God Will Send His Angels", "Gone", and "Last Night on Earth", only 1 of which you list. I also look forward to hearing "The Playboy Mansion" on my Pop listen-throughs, and "Staring at the Sun" has it's runs with me.

Everybody's preferences are different. I'm also in the vast, vast minority of people that enjoy "One Step Closer" from Bomb.

The true way to appreciate Pop, in my eyes, is to find whatever it is in that album that you DO enjoy, and start to search for it. Good albums provide us with good music to our ears...GREAT albums intrigue us to uncover things that we may not initially hear, but are there all along. It's an intangible, indescribable feeling once you strike gold within a particular album. Pop is a mystery to me. Just find whatever you like, and find the traces of it sparkled throughout the album.

Turn the bass up a few clicks, too
  8. I think One Step Closer is beautiful.

9. First person on this site I've ever seen admit that; though it had never really been a topic of conversation.

Really great to know, Drew, glad we share a not-too-common interest.
  10. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

First person on this site I've ever seen admit that; though it had never really been a topic of conversation.

Really great to know, Drew, glad we share a not-too-common interest.

Alongside Miracle Drug, City Of Blinding Lights, A Man And A Woman, Original Of The Species, One Step Closer, Yahweh and Crumbs From Your Table, yeah it's a bloody great song. Beautiful, simple lyrics. See, this is what I don't get. Cedars is a minimalist song and OSC is very similar in the way it's structured, so why people like that but not OSC I don't understand.

I wont say you're "missing" anything on either of those lists, because they're personalized for what you enjoy out of those albums. However, my favorite songs from Pop are "If God Will Send His Angels", "Gone", and "Last Night on Earth", only 1 of which you list. I also look forward to hearing "The Playboy Mansion" on my Pop listen-throughs, and "Staring at the Sun" has it's runs with me.

Yeah, same with Staring At The Sun for me. It's sometimes good but most times I'd fall asleep through it.

Everybody's preferences are different. I'm also in the vast, vast minority of people that enjoy "One Step Closer" from Bomb.

Bomb is a better record than All That You Can't Leave Behind. It has a lot of better songs - ATYCLB has When I Look At The World, Peace On Earth and Kite. I have a soft spot for Wild Honey and In A Little While as well.

The true way to appreciate Pop, in my eyes, is to find whatever it is in that album that you DO enjoy, and start to search for it. Good albums provide us with good music to our ears...GREAT albums intrigue us to uncover things that we may not initially hear, but are there all along. It's an intangible, indescribable feeling once you strike gold within a particular album. Pop is a mystery to me. Just find whatever you like, and find the traces of it sparkled throughout the album.

Turn the bass up a few clicks, too

Yeah you gotta turn it up. It's made for loud. Pop is definitely a journey.

11. ME 2!!! I love all the slow songs with mainly bono talking. I love the lyrics, 'im across the road from hope'.

12. Don't we talk about Pop here?
    (and I don't like Atomic Bomb except for Love and Peace and Vertigo... and Fast Cars )