1. Yeah, back to Pop....

"If God Will Send His Angels" sort of could have fit on any U2 album of the 90s, and possibly even ATYCLB, so perhaps to "break the mold" into the album, starting there is a stepping stone. (Though I remember initially breaking the "Pop" ice with "Gone" after seeing it on the Boston DVD that I owned before I owned "Pop", and that prompted me to listen to "Last Night on Earth", so the rockers were my foray into Pop-dom)
  2. If God Will Send... is my least favorite from Pop (with Playboy Mansion). But Please, Gone, Mofo, Do You Feel Loved, Wake Up Dead man, last Night On Earth and Discotheque are great songs and Starring and Miami are good too. I say Achtung Baby is my favourite album, but Pop is very close and sometimes is better for me. And Popmart is best tour and I'm so glad I saw it live.
  3. What an album
  4. In my opinion, the greatest thing about Pop is that it set up U2 to produce their greatest album, ATYCLB.
  5. for a while i thought i was in the u2 parody and humour thread
  6. How to appreciate Pop? You just do. Next question.
  7. 20 years coming March 2017. But something makes me already know they will never pay tribute with a rerelease like with all their other albums. Too bad they hate it so much, it's one of their best.
  8. Originally posted by sparko:20 years coming March 2017. But something makes me already know they will never pay tribute with a rerelease like with all their other albums. Too bad they hate it so much, it's one of their best.
    I'd do awful things for some unreleased Pop material.