1. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

Really. Hmm. In that case I'm going to hold off subscribing. Pre-ticket sales would be the only reason I'd pay $40 a month to a friggin' website.

$45..... and I already have Slane stuff
  2. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

Where exactly does that money go? Is it just to maintain the site? And the "free" gifts they give out--i.e. the Slane gig that anyone in the world can get for free on this site?
  3. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

Really. Hmm. In that case I'm going to hold off subscribing. Pre-ticket sales would be the only reason I'd pay $40 a month to a friggin' website.

...especially when you consider that U2start is free!!.....

From what I hear the band arent too keen on the website either....so i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt do a pre-sale....with regards to loyalty....i think it will be unfair to have a pre-sale as its a big assumption that all loyal fans are members and that only non-loyal fans are not!!!

The presale should be through U2start members....not U2com members!!!
  4. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo[..]

...especially when you consider that U2start is free!!.....

From what I hear the band arent too keen on the website either....so i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt do a pre-sale....with regards to loyalty....i think it will be unfair to have a pre-sale as its a big assumption that all loyal fans are members and that only non-loyal fans are not!!!

The presale should be through U2start members....not U2com members!!!

I'm sure they haven't forgotten the Vertigo Tour pre-sale disaster either. Larry's probably already telling the others he's not going to make any more apology speeches.

Pre-sale to U2Start members:
  5. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

I'm sure they haven't forgotten the Vertigo Tour pre-sale disaster either. Larry's probably already telling the others he's not going to make any more apology speeches.

????? Pre sale disaster?
  6. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

????? Pre sale disaster?

"When tickets went on sale, the presale for U2.com paid members was a disaster. Fans who paid for membership on the premise that they'd get "guaranteed priority booking" of concert tickets either didn't get any tickets at all, or were only offered seats in the worst sections of the arenas. Larry eventually stepped in to fix the situation as best he could and the presale for later dates was much better."

-U2faqs.com
  7. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

"When tickets went on sale, the presale for U2.com paid members was a disaster. Fans who paid for membership on the premise that they'd get "guaranteed priority booking" of concert tickets either didn't get any tickets at all, or were only offered seats in the worst sections of the arenas. Larry eventually stepped in to fix the situation as best he could and the presale for later dates was much better."

-U2faqs.com

oh, ok!
  8. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

oh, ok!

I'm thinking it's probably best to book direct from the venue if that's possible lol.
  9. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    I'm thinking it's probably best to book direct from the venue if that's possible lol.

To.... err, across town!
  10. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

how long did it take? I got my key chain from the last time I subscribed and that took a while...i'd say its been at least 4 or 5 weeks since I renewed my membership
  11. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2Pre-ticket sales would be the only reason I'd pay $40 a month to a friggin' website.

It's per year, isn't it? Not per month?!
  12. Mine's due at the end of the year. I'm hoping the "gift" is the U23D audio.