1. I don’t know if I’d close the curtains but if they started playing anything post kid a I’d be pretty disinterested.
  2. Didn't they play Creep in Israel lately?
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:Regarding the law suit, pretty interesting to hear them suing for infringement about a song of theirs that they despise.
    Hahaha, yeah, I also thought about how ironic it is.

It's shameless plagiarism in my opinion, and I can't see the court ruling in favour of Lana, but I wonder how far are they going to take it. I mean, it's not like Lana has made a thousand million dollars out of that song... Is this all really worth it?
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahaha, yeah, I also thought about how ironic it is.

It's shameless plagiarism in my opinion, and I can't see the court ruling in favour of Lana, but I wonder how far are they going to take it. I mean, it's not like Lana has made a thousand million dollars out of that song... Is this all really worth it?
    But she has made a lot of money out of the album. It is pretty strange how they have managed to pursue a lawsuit many months after the album was released. Surely someone would have caught onto the fact that it is similar, because it is very recognisable. Then again, I'm sure it is just a coincidence.
  5. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    But she has made a lot of money out of the album. It is pretty strange how they have managed to pursue a lawsuit many months after the album was released. Surely someone would have caught onto the fact that it is similar, because it is very recognisable. Then again, I'm sure it is just a coincidence.
    Really? I thought the album had just been released That shows how much I'm interested in Lana Del Rey I guess. The similarity is big and I can't believe this hasn't gone to court (or at least to the papers) before!
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Really? I thought the album had just been released That shows how much I'm interested in Lana Del Rey I guess. The similarity is big and I can't believe this hasn't gone to court (or at least to the papers) before!
    It's been out six months.
  7. It clearly is a coincidence.

Just because two songs sound slightly similar doesn't mean it was on purpose.

It's just like when Vanilla Ice's awesome song sounded slightly similar to Under Pressure. This is just the same. Clearly a coincidence.
  8. That was plagiarism too
  9. I’ve only just listened to the Lana del Ray song and I can’t believe how obvious it is. You’d think someone would have picked up on it before the album was released. There’s not much can be said or done to defend it. Even if it wasn’t done blatantly it just sounds too similar.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I’ve only just listened to the Lana del Ray song and I can’t believe how obvious it is. You’d think someone would have picked up on it before the album was released. There’s not much can be said or done to defend it. Even if it wasn’t done blatantly it just sounds too similar.
    Why would you think that?people above lana sell music they dont listen to it and usually have been made to look foolish.
    would you sign a band named captian america or green jello...it happened both names being known trade marks.