1. WOWY and then Pride. Sound tired and like just going through the motions.

I want them to bring back Out of Control again. Was electric last time I saw it live. Also, Two Hearts would be awesome live again.

2. Pride.
    one of the songs that is fully on the (rather sloppy) automatic pilot nowadays..
    It needs to be played with passion. If not, then better not play it at all!
  3. Must agree with WOWY and Pride... I'm bored by them...
  4. Haven't heard WOWY live - its one of the tunes that really got me into the band, so I hope to hear it in Chicago. I went with SBS. Not sure why.
  5. One can go . Would gladly trade it for Please but would really like a full band version of in gods country again
  6. WOWY- Not my favorite U2 song to begin with. UV and MOS are highlights, and it creates such a hole in the encore.
  7. I voted for Sunday Bloody Sunday - not bad, but firstly Vertigo's version was far better, secondly I'd rather have BULLET THE BLUE SKY instead !! Where did Bullet go ? Never could I imagine U2 tour without Bullet..

Of course, Pride is quite crap on this tour ( again, VT version rocks ), but come on - the greatest song in rock history ever, you can't just DROP something like that. WOWY is torelable.
  8. Originally posted by yeah:Compared to the last tours, Pride sounds surprisingly fresh. SBS quite energetic (shame that they decided to add a snippet regularly, though). One has a better spot midset and if they get rid of that Christmas backing track, it has the potential to come back to life. Beautiful Day gets the crowd awake after they slept in during Magnificent, Walk on is a nice little tune that doesn't do harm. - shame that it doesn't lift off.

So, WOWY or Streets? WOWY is painful to listen to - but I still hope to see Bono breaking his nose while he's playing with that idiotic mic. Also love the crowd singing the oh's and the lights.

So it's up to Streets. Has lost it's magic anyway and bores me. I wouldn't miss it.

You're right about Walk On. It DID lift off on the Elevation Tour, now it's 'just' a nice little live tune. I voted for Pride though. Or they should try to play it a bit faster, but they won't try I think. Streets doesn't really bore me, but it doesn't have the same impact as it did, so dropping that one wouldn't be dramatic either.
  9. Originally posted by Johnny99:I voted for Sunday Bloody Sunday - not bad, but firstly Vertigo's version was far better, secondly I'd rather have BULLET THE BLUE SKY instead !! Where did Bullet go ? Never could I imagine U2 tour without Bullet..

Of course, Pride is quite crap on this tour ( again, VT version rocks ), but come on - the greatest song in rock history ever, you can't just DROP something like that. WOWY is torelable.

Bullet had lost power on the Vertigo Tour IMO. It was fantastic during ZOOTV, PopMart and Elevation tours but it didn't do it to me on the Vertigo Tour.

10. But can they still play it I wonder..
  11. But there was a fine thing with Bullet that every tour had it's own arrangement, every time something different. Not like Pride or SBS - always the same. If you didn't like one version ( I enjoyed VT's Bullet very much myself ), you could always wait for another. I couldn't wait for 360 Tour's Bullet - how different it would be, what will they change, would it be even heavier then Elevation's, or maybe totally reinvented like Popmart's ? And now the tour finally came, and there is.. nothing. Sad. I'm still hopning Bullet will return in USA - there is no possibility of U2 not playing Bullet in America.
  12. Originally posted by Johnny99:But there was a fine thing with Bullet that every tour had it's own arrangement, every time something different. Not like Pride or SBS - always the same. If you didn't like one version ( I enjoyed VT's Bullet very much myself ), you could always wait for another. I couldn't wait for 360 Tour's Bullet - how different it would be, what will they change, would it be even heavier then Elevation's, or maybe totally reinvented like Popmart's ? And now the tour finally came, and there is.. nothing. Sad. I'm still hopning Bullet will return in USA - there is no possibility of U2 not playing Bullet in America.

Fair point. Bullet would make sense on this tour. Hopefully they'll play it with real fire again. Would love to see it with Running To Stand Still again..