1. Never thought I would say it, but I wouldn't miss it too.
  2. Nah Streets is great again this tour after the decent Vertigo performances. Bono has changed a little in his singing...
  3. i think Pride is the one to be dropped....its getting boring

so many other songs that would work this tour..
  4. Originally posted by dieder:Nah Streets is great again this tour after the decent Vertigo performances. Bono has changed a little in his singing...

Streets doesn't give me the real WOW-feeling at this tour..opinions differ though.
  5. Beautiful day is still great and lifts the building up.

One is still good, especially when played early. When always played late it builds up some kind of huge expectations which isnt always matched. But it is a killer song and has to stay

Streets is good but not longer great as it used to be. Lose desmond tutu speech and Edge has to play guitar intro part much longer before the Larry and Adam oin in, thats what makes the song so powerful.

WOWY is not near as good as it can and has been. Rattle and hum version is amazing... It has lost passion over the years. Still I can't really imagine a set without it, the song is U2

SBS is rockin, love when bono sings the "rock the casbah" snippet. Not at all as good as in the old days though, plus I'm getting kind of tired of it.

Walk on is nice but nothing special. Wouldnt care if they switched it with something else, say drowning man or a permanent BAD (actually I would swapp all songs for BAD in a heartbeat)

Pride... im sick of it, it kind of bores me out. The only positive is the crowd singing OH OH OH OH in the end and that it gets the half assed U2 fans in the stadium up from their seats.

play smaller indoor Arenas in 2010 instead, then there will be no need to keep tracks like pride and SBS anymore, cause a more exclusive crowd is theoreticaly a more hardcore fan crowd which eliminates the need for tunes for the mob

put in BAD and more early stuff and more from the 90's

ps Sorry for wall of text

6. My set list with the changes

1. Breath I think Breath its a great opener
    2. NLOTH It can be a boost in the concert but it can also fails its a fifty fifty song
    3. GOYB Love this song great song live
    4. Magnificent live song
    5. BD A classic live song
    6. Until The End Of The World great live song my favo U2 song live
    7. New Years Day thats what I call a killer live song
    8. Gloria it fits in great between those song
    9. The Unforgettable Fire A great comeback for a great song
    10.COBL
    11. Vertigo
    12.Ill Go Crazy Remix
    13. When Bono its on his knees Crazy fades in to the Intro Of Where The Streets Have No Name
    14 .I Will Follow Great and it makes the crowd jumping and cheering
    15. Gone thats make this concert turn into a little POPMart
    16. Even Better Then The Real Thing Its about time they play this song again
    17. Mysterious Ways Great feel good song
    18. One some Achtung Baby is good
    19. Kite
    20. The wierd robot voice speak
    21. Zooropa also a song who needs a comeback
    22. Ultra Violete
    23. Bad
    24. Moment Of Surrender

So the conclusion

Unknown Caller= Gloria
    Sunday Bloody Sunday = WTSHNN
    Pride= I Will Follow
    MLK=Gone
    Walk On= EBTTRT
    WTSHNN= MW
    Kite
    Zooropa
    UV
    WOWOY= Bad
    MoMent Of Surrender
  7. i cant believe pride is polling highest....waaay back in 1984 i heard pride on a documentary on rte 1 (thats a tv channel in ireland) and i sat up.....was compelled to listen and find out who the hell that was....i then heard bad and was sold......granted i dont think the version of pride is as good on this tour....i think a longer version woulld be better....belt it out and it will bring the house down

another song i would love to see return is a sort of homecoming......
  8. Well Pride isnt that bad, it´s a great song with a great meaning after all, but they never reworked it in some kind of way so it´s still the same... although I thought I heard Edge playing a lower key on Amsterdam 2, they need to play it in a higher key or something like that, just rework it a little, then it´s fine. But maybe we U2 fans are spoilt.
  9. Originally posted by Luthander:play smaller indoor Arenas in 2010 instead, then there will be no need to keep tracks like pride and SBS anymore, cause a more exclusive crowd is theoreticaly a more hardcore fan crowd which eliminates the need for tunes for the mob

They'd have to design another stage though. No chance.

10. Actually I dont want them go back to smaller venues or smaller stages.

11. Wait until you've seen them in a "small" place.
  12. WOWY, it lacks passion nowadays.