1. With or Without You, at least Pride still has abit of energy in it,WOWY just sounds crap
  2. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]

indeed, first wanted to go for pride or one, but then went for wowy, because there hasn't been a single performance yet that's brought me to tears like it usually does

I agree. Though that might change when I see them live. But based on the bootlegs, it's WOWY for now.
  3. Sunday Bloody Sunday - A weak and boring tune. It's more of a vehicle for Bono to put his strong thoughts across. I'm afraid it gets a little tiresome after being a regular in most setlists over the years.

4. I remember crying like a baby first time I heard it live 2005 in gelsenkirchen.
    heard it again in amsterdam I and gelsenkirchen this year, but nothing at least, I wasn't nearly as moved.
  5. SBS sounds the same as the last tour and the tour before, drop it, its gud but its not THAT good. I'd love to see a bit of danger or gambling with the setlist, its very same paticularly from city of blinding light to moment of surrender!!! CHANGE it a bit, reintroduce classics like I WIll Follow, Gloria, EBTTHT and ASOH. people you love to see them, especially me!!!
  6. Originally posted by Angel_or_Devil:Sunday Bloody Sunday - A weak and boring tune. It's more of a vehicle for Bono to put his strong thoughts across. I'm afraid it gets a little tiresome after being a regular in most setlists over the years.

just what is sed mate, spot on!
  7. What makes me laugh about this is that if they had played I Will Follow at every gig on this tour it would likely have been in the poll too.

We should all realise by now that U2 put on a show, a spectacle, not just a rock performance. With all the choreography/video/lighting etc, it is not possible to change songs at the drop of a hat.

Also, 90-95% of the audience will only attend one gig; it may also be their only U2 gig. It beholds them to play every song in this list. They are the foundation stones of U2's career.

We can moan all we like, but they are not going to drop them easily.

Based on what I've said, I'd have to go for Walk On (not really a foundation stone), but I'm actually looking forward to hearing that, so I'll say Beautiful Day 'cos I hate it (although am intrigued by this new bit).
  8. I say: Rotate instead of drop. Like on ZOOTV First day: SBS seccond day: BAD (or Please).

Back on topic: Walk On, UV or WOWY (great song but not on the last 2 tours)
  9. SBS. I'd kill for them to play something like Tommorow, or ASOH.
  10. I gotta vote for Pride, I like With or Without You and Sunday Bloody Sunday to much to not hear them at a show....although i'm still not sure i want to hear this decayed version of With or Without You
  11. Pride because I'm tired off the song. With Or Without You can still be very good when Bono wants to and adds a snippet. I know Pride is al about Martin Luther King and that's a very good thing, but if you want to play it, rework it, although I have to say it didnt sound as dead as on Vertigo, it was pretty energetic. Same counts for SBS, especially with Casbah snippet.

Beautifull Day has an awesome new intro, Streets is great again, One isnt that bad at all.
  12. Originally posted by dieder:Pride because I'm tired off the song. With Or Without You can still be very good when Bono wants to and adds a snippet. I know Pride is al about Martin Luther King and that's a very good thing, but if you want to play it, rework it, although I have to say it didnt sound as dead as on Vertigo, it was pretty energetic. Same counts for SBS, especially with Casbah snippet.

Beautifull Day has an awesome new intro, Streets is great again, One isnt that bad at all.

I think One is much better since they have added Hear Us Coming again....still would like to have unchained melody back for good. I don't like what Bono's doing to the last verse of Sunday Bloody sunday though,, although i do like the Rock the casbah snippet