1. Yeah, I think you're right. "before you turn into bones" fits what I'm hearing. Have amended, thanks.
  2. WHat's Edge using to get the guitar sustain? Ebow or infinite guitar?

3. I'd be tempted to say Ebow but you can't really be sure - it could even be the original Infinite Guitar Michael Brookes put together but the thing is, the instrumental work could be the original TUF recording sessions, it could be a new version, we just don't know. With something like infinite sustain it's difficult to judge what was used because after a bit of messing around with gizmos etc., it all often begins to sound very similar.

4. I think it must be an ebow, the infinite guitar wasn't ready (for him) until 1987 I think. Others can give much detailed answers though, just from the top of my haed I'd say it's ebow.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I think it must be an ebow, the infinite guitar wasn't ready (for him) until 1987 I think. Others can give much detailed answers though, just from the top of my haed I'd say it's ebow.

As Harry said, that could be a newly recorded guitar part. Has Edge ever used ebows before With or Without You was recorded?
  6. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

As Harry said, that could be a newly recorded guitar part. Has Edge ever used ebows before With or Without You was recorded?

Didn't he use ebow on The Unforgettable Fire?

7. Yes, it definitely sounds like that. But it's a great track overall. Very, very nice!

8. I'd imagine so, 'tis the only way he could have played TUF to be honest - he was definitely using it by the JT era (see Paris DVD) but assuming it was available to him, it begs the question what was the point of the Infinite Guitar if the Ebow had been invented? I'm starting to think that the Infinite Guitar was the predecessor to things like the Fernandes Sustainer pickups, as opposed to that sort of sustain in general. Someone get on the blower to Jeff!
  9. The ebow doesn't sound as good as the infinite guitar for me.
  10. The drums and the bass in this song just knock my socks off every time
  11. I really do love this madly.
  12. I love everything about this song, it doesn't really sound to me like anything they've ever written