1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

So if it's $93 on Amazon and 65 pounds for UK (that's about $114 Australian), how come in Australia they want to charge us another $70 - $120 on top?

FFS we r getting jipped
  2. i haven't read through all of the previous posts on this topic, but for those who've already watched this official DVD, is it exactly identical to the you tube-version (i think of the angles of the cameras, not the picture and sound quality of course)?
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

So if it's $93 on Amazon and 65 pounds for UK (that's about $114 Australian), how come in Australia they want to charge us another $70 - $120 on top?

Your're not being jipped. It isn't that us in the U.S. are getting it cheaper.

It's based on exchange rate. Current rate is $1 USD to 1.19604 Australian.

$93 USD = $111.232 Australian
    $93 USD = 63.7711 British Pounds
    $93 USD = 76.0562 Euro
    $93 USD = 97.5514 Canadian

4. the Aussie version has a big cock in the box that fucks you in the ass when you open it

5. Funny but again, not true... it is based on the exchange rate, as mentioned in my previous post.

One one could argue that the Super Deluxe Box in general is over-priced at $93.00 US (and the previously mentioned equal rates in various other currency's). But in that case, we're all getting fucked.

But $90-$100 USD seems to be the going rate for "Deluxe Box Sets" like this.

6. i nearly spat my drink out when i read that.

but yeah, i'll definately stick with one of the cheaper versions, what with these being difficult economic times and whatnot.
  7. And on the DVD, my deluxe edition from play.com is going through 'Packing' atm. Means it will be shipped out tomorrow. Hope I get it early, very unlikely though
  8. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979:[..]

Funny but again, not true... it is based on the exchange rate, as mentioned in my previous post.

One one could argue that the Super Deluxe Box in general is over-priced at $93.00 US (and the previously mentioned equal rates in various other currency's). But in that case, we're all getting fucked.

But $90-$100 USD seems to be the going rate for "Deluxe Box Sets" like this.

I think the point is, if whoever profits from the box set is happy selling for 93USD why can't they be happy with the equivalent of 93USD (or there abouts) in other countries, why must the UK pay around 140USD? Surely it doen't cost the distributors another 50USD per item to get it into the country?

If they sold it here for £70 roughly (Just over $100) I'd be happy. Though I suppose tax laws etc in other countries make it more expensive. The cheapest on amazon.co.uk was £93.69 which is just under £80 exc. VAT.

But even so, with exchange rates and tax laws all taken into account, why can't we see some fairer pricing? I'd rather import from the US than pay the extra money here and this item isn't even that expensive (it is for what it is, but in terms of numbers). Imagine the savings on something £500 upwards. Even something close to the US price, around $10-$15 more than the US price would be a big saving around the world, generally speaking.
  9. iTim, you got it all wrong... check all of the math... read on...

I can understand being angry at Amazon UK but not U2.

Amazon US price was around $136. That recently changed to a sale price of $93. One would think that Amazon UK would mirror in the savings but so far, that hasn't been the case.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003ELOQCU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0CYK2T91A65FGDX1BQ0Y&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

That said, the Amazon UK prices is similar to other onlie retailers. Amazon UK price comes out to abaout $129 USD.

The FanFire price is $112.95
    http://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2CNWS&sku=U2T48996

Best Buy price is $139.99
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/U2%3A+360%B0+at+the+Rose+Bowl+-+Box+-+DVD/9903433.p?id=2103299&skuId=9903433&st=u2 360 dvd&lp=3&cp=1

But seeing the Amazon UK amount, not sure why it's more. But it is similar in price to other online retailers, other than their own Amazon US (which is odd). Perhaps by shipping in the UK, they will also.

That said, OVERPRICE on Amazon UK isn't U2's doing. If anything, that is an Amazon issue.

Maybe Amazon will send a mobile penis to f*&^ one in the @$$?

Just saying, any anger should be aimed at the retailer and not U2, as that is where the differences in price lay.

US Best Buy price is presently HIGHER than the UK Amazon price.

PS - Amazon price in UK might still go down. They still have the box set listed as a June 7 release date. Maybe the box set is to be delayed like in the US and Amazon UK sight was not updated with that information AND the lower sale price?

Originally posted by iTim:[..]

I think the point is, if whoever profits from the box set is happy selling for 93USD why can't they be happy with the equivalent of 93USD (or there abouts) in other countries, why must the UK pay around 140USD? Surely it doen't cost the distributors another 50USD per item to get it into the country?

If they sold it here for £70 roughly (Just over $100) I'd be happy. Though I suppose tax laws etc in other countries make it more expensive. The cheapest on amazon.co.uk was £93.69 which is just under £80 exc. VAT.

But even so, with exchange rates and tax laws all taken into account, why can't we see some fairer pricing? I'd rather import from the US than pay the extra money here and this item isn't even that expensive (it is for what it is, but in terms of numbers). Imagine the savings on something £500 upwards. Even something close to the US price, around $10-$15 more than the US price would be a big saving around the world, generally speaking.