1. Yes, I don't care how Bono plays guitar, I think this is a casual version (like many of acoustic sets on ZOO TV tour, think they were pioneers).
    But bono sings like an angel!
  2. Haha, I know it resonates with you as well. Beautiful guitar bit.

There's also Bad @ Brussels 2010 as a good example. Again, he's not Steve Vai or Slash but he knows what to play and how to play it so it becomes a nice addition to the song.

3. It sounds exactly like Bono’s playing. Very repetitive and jumpy between chords. It sounds competent rather than accomplished. 100% sounds like a solo performance.

But I know nothing of such things.
  4. I also think it is Bono on Guitar. It doesent matter whats written in the liner notes. It is pure Bono solo acoustic. You can feel it that hes playing the chords. Not just standimg at the mic. My five cents.
  5. Originally posted by hoppeditz:I also think it is Bono on Guitar. It doesent matter whats written in the liner notes. It is pure Bono solo acoustic. You can feel it that hes playing the chords. Not just standimg at the mic. My five cents.
    It's a shame we haven't any video about it!
  6. Originally posted by hoppeditz:I also think it is Bono on Guitar. It doesent matter whats written in the liner notes. It is pure Bono solo acoustic. You can feel it that hes playing the chords. Not just standimg at the mic. My five cents.
    Originally posted by germcevoy:It sounds exactly like Bono’s playing. Very repetitive and jumpy between chords. It sounds competent rather than accomplished. 100% sounds like a solo performance.

But I know nothing of such things.

You're both on the money. Not only all previous reports of these late 92 performances indicate they were Bono solo, but also there's a certain feel to this performance that indicates it's Bono playing. Liner notes have been wrong in the past and it seems this is just another example of that.
  7. Originally posted by hoppeditz:I also think it is Bono on Guitar. It doesent matter whats written in the liner notes. It is pure Bono solo acoustic. You can feel it that hes playing the chords. Not just standimg at the mic. My five cents.
    Agree, this sounds like someone that's accompanying themselves (and not Edge's style). So think it's Bono solo too. Nice performance, and he gets the chords right unlike the FTSD solo version.
  8. “So Cruel's appearance in the setlist is notable: it is performed solely by Bono, and although he had performed it once before, this is the first time he sings the song's full lyrics as the song's debut featured just half of the song.“

From U2gigs.com about the concert that this performance of the song comes from.
  9. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:[..]
    “So Cruel's appearance in the setlist is notable: it is performed solely by Bono, and although he had performed it once before, this is the first time he sings the song's full lyrics as the song's debut featured just half of the song.“

From U2gigs.com about the concert that this performance of the song comes from.
    That report has inaccuracies saying that Bono sang the full lyrics when there are a lot of lyrics missing (I do still happen to believe it’s Bono playing as opposed to edge regardless of the liner notes as well). They said the same about Zooropa on 360 when there was a verse missing from that as well on all the 360 versions.
  10. I can’t remember where I read it, but it was one of the liner notes for either U22 or From The Ground Up gift about where a song was played or something. I remember seeing it and going, that’s not right.
  11. Was this the "Garth" show with Wayne and Garth from Wayn'es World?