1. How does the MI 92 Live version sound? I haven't listened to it yet.
  2. Check your PMs, I've sent you my opinion on how it sounds.
  3. Is Edge plaxing guitar on this one or Bono?
  4. Would love to hear so cruel, renewed almost a year ago and still no sign of my cd. I guess they forgot my order.
  5. Old reports from the handful of shows where So Cruel was performed suggest that it was Bono solo, so I'd trust those and just go along with it. It's not bad guitar playing at all (even if it's a rather easy song to play), which proves once again Bono was a better guitar player than fans tend to think.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Old reports from the handful of shows where So Cruel was performed suggest that it was Bono solo, so I'd trust those and just go along with it. It's not bad guitar playing at all (even if it's a rather easy song to play), which proves once again Bono was a better guitar player than fans tend to think.
    Even though that same report from this show is wrong

"So Cruel's appearance in the setlist is notable: it is performed solely by Bono, and although he had performed it once before, this is the first time he sings the song's full lyrics as the song's debut featured just half of the song".

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    That's obviously not the case, as the "Her skin is pale" verse is ommited, and so are the "She wears my love" bridge and the "Her heart is racing" final verse. But Bono did a nice job linking the two verses: "you put your lips to her lips to stop the lie" links with the new verse, "fingers in the mire, and you know it's you that's the liar"
  7. It’s up on YouTube now for anyone interested. Nice to hear it having been locked away for 30 years although the performance itself is a little underwhelming. Acoustic guitar and vocals isn’t enough for this song, the rehearsed version with the full band shows what could be done with it. Hopefully it’s one they think of playing at least once again in the future and release it.