1. What I love about this song is that it seems effortless.....compared to NLOTH songs which you can tell have been played over and over and over again....this song just seems like they put it together in their lunch break.....and its a great great song in my eyes..
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:Even the low key songs on AB are brilliant, which is why it's a masterpiece.

Love the repeated piano riff and Bono in angsty lovelorn poet mode.

Bono in angsty lovelorn poet mode -- beautifully put
  3. Originally posted by vanquish:Even the low key songs on AB are brilliant, which is why it's a masterpiece.

Love the repeated piano riff and Bono in angsty lovelorn poet mode.

i love this song, it's close second to Ultraviolet in terms of best on AB.

I wish Bono'd go back to writing artsy, emotional lyrics dealing with personal issues instead of all the newer, political stuff which can get tedious after a while.

i reckon this song would lend itsself well to the claw, with the hypnotic loops and drums and whatnot. it needs bringing back into the set, being amidst a huge crowd singing the "ooooh love..." refrain would be epic.
  4. Originally posted by wangmaster:[..]

I wish Bono'd go back to writing artsy, emotional lyrics dealing with personal issues instead of all the newer, political stuff which can get tedious after a while.

Yeah, but especially when it comes to lyrics, No Line On The Horizon is closer to Achtung than to anything they have done since it, so Bono has sort of returned to that.
  5. Originally posted by Sally_Sparrow:[..]

Yeah, but especially when it comes to lyrics, No Line On The Horizon is closer to Achtung than to anything they have done since it, so Bono has sort of returned to that.

I still don't like the "punching in the numbers at the ATM machine" lyric, however.
  6. Nevertheless, Moment of Surrender is a triumph.

7. Yeah, it's a nice song. Sort of like NLOTH's "Love Is Blindness."

I suppose that parallel is quite obvious though.
  8. The version of So Cruel from 1992-08-22 - Foxboro just came up while driving home... What a lovely, heartbroken & heartbreaking song. And the crowd singing along and some people near the taper even singing the "baby you're nowhere" ahead of Bono, wow.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:The version of So Cruel from 1992-08-22 - Foxboro just came up while driving home... What a lovely, heartbroken & heartbreaking song. And the crowd singing along and some people near the taper even singing the "baby you're nowhere" ahead of Bono, wow.
    On what, your personal bootleg collection?
  10. Trying to infuse a gospel song with realisim.
  11. I think it's more that saying "ATM Machine" is redundant, as ATM stands for: "Automated Teller Machine".
  12. Good point. I always thought Bono was trying to update a gospel song for the digital generation.