1. This song has been played at the following 3 shows:

ZOO TV Tour
    · 1992-08-22 - Foxboro, Massachusetts - Foxboro Stadium
    · 1992-09-09 - Pontiac, Michigan - Pontiac Silverdome
    · 1992-09-15 - Tinley Park, Illinois - World Music Ampitheater

This song has been snippeted at the following show:
    · 1992-05-22 - Milan, Italy - Forum Di Assago (21 songs)

Listen to the Foxboro version, short but amazing

Three times live ever, it is a shame.
  2. I have this song listed as my favourite of all time since I joined this site and am happy to see its appreciated by a few more . Its a piece of magic . Not much talk about if from the band over the years other than edge describing it as a song that "just arrived" . Larry really smashes the symbols throughout . Maybe noew that they have terry lawless playing under the stage they might rework it and give us a full version . Even just once and ill die a happy man .

Cant get too excited about the zoo tv live attempts though .
  3. Originally posted by zooTV4all:
    This song has been played at the following 3 shows:

ZOO TV Tour
    · 1992-08-22 - Foxboro, Massachusetts - Foxboro Stadium
    · 1992-09-09 - Pontiac, Michigan - Pontiac Silverdome
    · 1992-09-15 - Tinley Park, Illinois - World Music Ampitheater

This song has been snippeted at the following show:
    · 1992-05-22 - Milan, Italy - Forum Di Assago (21 songs)

Listen to the Foxboro version, short but amazing

Three times live ever, it is a shame.

it is a shame, amazing song.
  4. You don't really understand how great this song is until you can relate to it (and I feel bad for anyone who can). I've had a situation going on in my life at the moment which is more or less, described by these lyrics, and when I listened to this song after all thats gone on I was like Woah. Definitely one of my favorite U2 songs now.
  5. The worst song on Achtung Baby. But it is quite a good song.
  6. Such a bitter lyric... its a brilliant song.

''I'm only hanging on, to watch you go down''

7. It would be between this and Love is Blindness for me, which really tells you what a great album we're dealing with here. I have my phases with this song.
  8. Best song on Achtung Baby by a mile. A perfect song.

9. I'm not prepared to call it my favorite song on Achtung Baby all together. However if we're looking at strictly album versions, to me it is the best track on the cd album version solely considered.
  10. It may not be the absolutely best song on the brilliant AB, but it's definitely a small masterpiece.
  11. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

It would be between this and Love is Blindness for me, which really tells you what a great album we're dealing with here. I have my phases with this song.

I would have agreed with you, 3 months ago, until I heard Love Is Blindness live from Sydney. Was the only song on live from Sydney I couldn't be bothered with but now I can. I think in terms of lyrics, So Cruel have one of the best on the album.
  12. Even the low key songs on AB are brilliant, which is why it's a masterpiece.

Love the repeated piano riff and Bono in angsty lovelorn poet mode.