1. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

Blond girl who was in the high school musicals....i've never seen any of them but they were huge over here with the tweens and teens

In a nutshell, this sounds right
  2. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

Blond girl who was in the high school musicals....i've never seen any of them but they were huge over here with the tweens and teens

There were a lot of blonde girls in High School Musical. So really - not much indication. However, a quick Google search shows me who she is. I guess Australia avoided the musical craze...though it doesn't stop all those horrible dancing and singing movies where the people think they can sing (Glee, anyone?) but you know they can't and that's recorded in a studio. No way can they truly sing live - especially all that dancing would tire you out. Even the best dancers can't do it and lip-sync more often than not.

Anyway, I prefer Liz Hurley, Heather Graham or Catherine Zeta Jones. Far better looking than these new wannabes. Though I may get the Taylor Swift album and tell you my thoughts later on. Surely it can't be that bad - and new music is always nice as long as it's not as bad as some of it.

3. True, i was under the impression she was like one of the main stars though
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

[..]
    As long as u2spear (Josh) likes the songs and thinks they're good and appeal to him then great. It's not my cup of tea (sort of country pop) but all to their own.

How do you know it was made for tween girls? Twilight I think we can be sure it was and all those vampire shows and books and movies, but I'm not so sure. How is mainstream defined - and wouldn't U2 be in mainstream?

It's funny you think that as Twilight, if anything is more teen oriented (it's not exactly G rated) than Taylor Swift, who very much appeals to tweenies, being bland, uncontroversial and inoffensive like the rest of the High School Musical, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Jonas Bros etc. bunch
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins:Is Kanye here?

I thought that Beyonce video was pretty crap. The one where she moves like a robot on steroids. It looked cheap, terrible direction and that irritating 'Uh oh uh uh uh uh uh oh oh uh oh oh oh owwww oh oh ah ph oh ah oh oh oh oh oh uh oh oh oh oh oh oh ah oh oh single ladies...''

yeh and one of the back up dancers is a fuking dude, check out the film clip, i didnt beleive it myself till somone told me.
  6. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

yeh and one of the back up dancers is a fuking dude, check out the film clip, i didnt beleive it myself till somone told me.

Really? Wow. But I don't think it matters whether you're a guy or girl, you can still dance. Look at Fred Astaire.

It's funny you think that as Twilight, if anything is more teen oriented (it's not exactly G rated) than Taylor Swift, who very much appeals to tweenies, being bland, uncontroversial and inoffensive like the rest of the High School Musical, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Jonas Bros etc. bunch

But the thing with Twilight is he's not even a good vampire. He dresses up, puts as much powder on as possible, can go out in the sun and has a fucking relationship. That's no bloody vampire...that's Hollywood Vampire 2008.

The reason the media loves them so much because they're like everyone else - they follow suit. Seriously, fuck the media. Who cares what they think. I personally don't and controversy is the best kind of news.

And then they tell me this is rock and roll. I say ''This is rock and fucking roll!'' Bands like Paramore (yeah, rock and roll!) and Tokio Hotel - even though I'm told they're glam rock - they look like a bunch of idiots. You want a glam rocker...Sebastian Bach. Now he's a rockstar and one who doesn't look like a dipshit doing it!!!
  7. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Really? Wow. But I don't think it matters whether you're a guy or girl, you can still dance. Look at Fred Astaire.

[..]

yeh but hes trying to pass himself off as a chick lol, its beyonces dance teacher apparently.

8. Well that probably won't work then.
  9. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

But the thing with Twilight is he's not even a good vampire. He dresses up, puts as much powder on as possible, can go out in the sun and has a fucking relationship. That's no bloody vampire...that's Hollywood Vampire 2008.

The reason the media loves them so much because they're like everyone else - they follow suit. Seriously, fuck the media. Who cares what they think. I personally don't and controversy is the best kind of news.

And then they tell me this is rock and roll. I say ''This is rock and fucking roll!'' Bands like Paramore (yeah, rock and roll!) and Tokio Hotel - even though I'm told they're glam rock - they look like a bunch of idiots. You want a glam rocker...Sebastian Bach. Now he's a rockstar and one who doesn't look like a dipshit doing it!!!

OH, don't get me started on Twilight, I hate it and its bloody media entourage to death - much worse than Taylor Swift

I mean seriously who the hell has heard of a vegetarian vampire???

Lol at Paramore, to make things worse they also big fans of Twilight and feature on the soundtrack Now you can hate them even more!
  10. Originally posted by vanquish:[..]

OH, don't get me started on Twilight, I hate it and its bloody media entourage to death - much worse than Taylor Swift

I mean seriously who the hell has heard of a vegetarian vampire???

Lol at Paramore, to make things worse they also big fans of Twilight and feature on the soundtrack Now you can hate them even more!

Yeah, we've been washed out with vampires. Did you know 12 individual films in the space of three months involving vampires are being released this year? Yeah - it's what we call ultra-ultra-ultra-ultra-ultra mainstream. Give me a real vampire any day.

They probably don't want to stir up controversy. Yeah because the 90 year old vampires next door love vegetables!!! I mean seriously...vampires are so mainstream and portrayed as being friendly guys and girls with whiter than white skin. That's fucking ridiculous, but it sells - hell, any crap targeted to tweens and teens, regardless of crap factor sells. And then the girls go mad for this Edward Cullen. He's not that good of an actor to start with.

The vampires I meet now whinge about life, are emotional and actually consider people. That's not a vampire. What happened to the blood suckers? As for the bands on the Twilight soundtrack are described as alternative rock. Apart from Muse none of those are actually that interesting.

Gah at Paramore and any of those pop bands.
  11. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]
    As long as u2spear (Josh) likes the songs and thinks they're good and appeal to him then great. It's not my cup of tea (sort of country pop) but all to their own.

Nice 1 Drew, thanks for stickin' up for me