1. yeah, but this one is just out of his range. It's a nice try, they were still figuring out how to get it right and this clearly didn't work. I think this song evolved nicely over the first months of the tour and it's 'hard' to listen to those earlier versions again.
    But it's probably also a difference of taste.
  2. It blew me away when I first hear it during the Milan show. The man had pipes and he literally went higher when he was on it. Superb
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:It blew me away when I first hear it during the Milan show. The man had pipes and he literally went higher when he was on it. Superb
    Milan was one of the last times he did that. In Munich he came up with the falsetto. I wonder if maybe Axl Rose had something to do with it
  4. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Milan was one of the last times he did that. In Munich he came up with the falsetto. I wonder if maybe Axl Rose had something to do with it
    What do you mean? The falsetto is there since the start of the tour. The screamed out version appeared in a very few concerts and only when Bono got lost in the music - other than that it's always been the falsetto
  5. you're right that it was there before Munich, but it certainly wasn't there since the start. He was just struggling to get it right for the first part of the tour and finally he got the falsetto to work and then he kept using it. Up til Munich there were many shows where he didn't use the falsetto. For me the falsetto is the superior version, the screamed out was ok for the when the falsetto wasn't there (yet). That's how I always saw it, you guys seem to feel different about it. I'm not saying it to be stubborn.
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:you're right that it was there before Munich, but it certainly wasn't there since the start. He was just struggling to get it right for the first part of the tour and finally he got the falsetto to work and then he kept using it. Up til Munich there were many shows where he didn't use the falsetto. For me the falsetto is the superior version, the screamed out was ok for the when the falsetto wasn't there (yet). That's how I always saw it, you guys seem to feel different about it. I'm not saying it to be stubborn.
    Falsetto was the best. But that's what I love about those early 92 shows over the 93 ones. Bono pushing his voice, and the band, IDK- almost playing with more recklessness, or reckless abandon. Don't know how to quite describe it
  7. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    Falsetto was the best. But that's what I love about those early 92 shows over the 93 ones. Bono pushing his voice, and the band, IDK- almost playing with more recklessness, or reckless abandon. Don't know how to quite describe it
    That’s about it. Early 1992 is fascinating. It’s old U2 vs new U2 but both. Bad was only 8 years old during these shows but listening to these shows it already sounds like an old warhorse. The same for Pride. Bizarre but Christ is it good. The same setlist but each night so much different than the one before.
  8. yes, I agree with all of you that it's a very interesting period. Certainly in the first leg, they were still finding their way. Over the course of 1992 and the whole tour, so many things changed. Miami (March '92) was my 1st Zoo TV bootleg after recording Dublin. For nostalgia reasons I listen to Miami every now and then, but there are quite a few things that were not on par with the old U2, nor with the new U2 that they were becoming. It's just things like hearing Bono talk about the new satellite station they got for christmas, struggling with ending One and old songs like Bad and Streets that makes it fun to listen. It's not them blowing you away like they did later in the tour. Of course sound quality might have something to do with that as well.

About EBTTRT; I just quickly checked all the Take Me Higher parts of the 1st 2 legs, Bono was clearly searching for the best way to take him higher; first 3 shows, he was just singing it, in Atlanta he was singing it with some little falsetto screams. Next show it was completely left out, then there was some singing/screaming for 2 shows. Then he went for the falsetto 6 shows in a row, not always sounding really confident. Then 7 shows screaming before going back to the falsetto for 10 shows and closing the leg with 2 shows screaming. In Paris screaming, then 4 shows in a row falsetto, before the last series of 5 shows screaming. The scream only returned again in Kiel for a bit, where it sounds like Bono was trying for the falsetto first or something entirely different but ends up with a short scream.