1. Promenade is a fantastic track. lovey Van the Man quality to it. Anyone who enjoys Promenade would be well advised to check out Van Morrison's Veedon Fleece.
  2. Great, great song.
  3. I'm not a fan of the song, but I love the story of the tower. Didn't knew it. Thanks !

4. I wasn't either, it never clicked for me until that very moment. Standing alone of the border of the cliff and it just... Came to me. Adore it since.
  5. It is one of the best songs to listen to while taking photos from landscapes or mother nature. Definitely there's something magical on it.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I wasn't either, it never clicked for me until that very moment. Standing alone of the border of the cliff and it just... Came to me. Adore it since.

Wow, did it save your life?
  7. 30 years on, fuck I still love this song. Doesn't deserve to be a forgotton track. Bono in great form as he was for much of this album.
  8. Originally posted by aussiemofo:30 years on, fuck I still love this song. Doesn't deserve to be a forgotton track. Bono in great form as he was for much of this album.

9. Bray right, nice to visit when in Dublin
    That spiral staircase to the higher ground

10. I still can't believe I posted this 10 years ago. It's funny how tastes evolve through time. Promenade is a GEM and if I could turn back in time I'd kick my2009self in the face for writing this

Of course I had a reason to change my mind! The Emerald Isle did it for me.

Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]This statement changed radically when I first stood on an Irish cliff, staring at that dark sea, the wonderful shore, the spare houses surrounded by fields of green, blue and grey, with the grass-covered hills behind me... And Promenade on my ears. Then I realised what a beautiful, little song this is.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I still can't believe I posted this 10 years ago. It's funny how tastes evolve through time. Promenade is a GEM and if I could turn back in time I'd kick my2009self in the face for writing this

Of course I had a reason to change my mind! The Emerald Isle did it for me.

[..]
    Funny it was around the time where you made the initial post about 10 years ago (I remember because NLOTH wasn’t long out) that my uncle pointed the song out to me. I would have listened to it plenty of times before when giving TUF a full run through but must have not paid it proper attention or maybe it was just an age thing, I don’t know, but it was 10 years ago where I finally started to really like the track it is as you say a gem. I think it was around the same time I started to love Heartland as well, again my uncle is to thank for that one.