1. One of my fav's on the whole Pop album, which is already one of my favs
    It competes with Mofo, Please, Last Night On Earth and Miami for the best Pop song imo
  2. It's pretty good, don't like the "then there will be no time for sorrow' bits at the end though.

But the first few verses are great. The "if coke is a mystery....Michael Jackson history" line was pretty prophetic it would seem
  3. Originally posted by vanquish:It's pretty good, don't like the "then there will be no time for sorrow' bits at the end though.

But the first few verses are great. The "if coke is a mystery....Michael Jackson history" line was pretty prophetic it would seem

Only now it would seem prophetic. In 1995 - 1997, it was clever marketing.

Does anyone think the original title 'Hymn To The Universe' would have been better or worse?
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Only now it would seem prophetic. In 1995 - 1997, it was clever marketing.

Does anyone think the original title 'Hymn To The Universe' would have been better or worse?

Worse, definitely, too bombastic.

5. Much worse. I know that the point of the song is that if the entire world is all based on superfical stuff (money, drugs, sex, fame, fortune) that no one person can every succeed. And depending on your interpretation its written so that you could understand that if you want to be in the 'playboy mansion' when you die (heaven) then your looking at the wrong set of criteria. (Hence why the 'Then will there be' bit.

Regardless of whether you believe in a higher power or something after you die, I like the underlying message that we all judge how our lives are going by some kind of scale and that we can choose how we measure it. Have we chosen the right one?
  6. Love it. Vastly underrated.
  7. Not a fan, not a basher either.
  8. Not a fan, not a basher either.
  9. I like the song, the lines are great and true. Underrated
  10. Its funny, I really didn't like this song so I left it off my iPod, now I've put it back on and I heard it today, axccidently on shuffle and I thought it was really good haha. I didn't really give it a change before.

Its the same story with Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
  11. Absolutely +1. Even being a great song, it's the worst of the whole album. In fact, that shows how good is really Pop