1. Originally posted by u2spear:Its funny, I really didn't like this song so I left it off my iPod, now I've put it back on and I heard it today, axccidently on shuffle and I thought it was really good haha. I didn't really give it a change before.

Its the same story with Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

I know the feeling. Not with the Playboy Mansion as I've always enjoyed it, but with other U2 songs!

2. What about Miami? And Last Night On Earth? Please is also pretty boring on the album.
  3. Good song. It contains a sample from this oldie from 1969:

4. Please is one of their best songs, on album or live, it's the same.

I complpetely love LNOE, a rocker in all senses. Love it.

And Miami... at least is funny (Playboy Mansion isn't). And the "Some places are like ur auntie, but there's no place like... MIAMIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!..." par tis awesome
  5. Hate it. I really do.

It's probably my least favourite song on any of their studio albums. Well, "When Love Comes To Town" comes pretty close. And the closing track on October is pretty bad. "Is That All?" is an appropriate title indeed.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Please is one of their best songs, on album or live, it's the same.

I complpetely love LNOE, a rocker in all senses. Love it.

And Miami... at least is funny (Playboy Mansion isn't). And the "Some places are like ur auntie, but there's no place like... MIAMIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!..." par tis awesome

The whole album from start to finish is truly one of their best.

7. Oh, wow, definitely disagree with you there. I think "Please" has a slow-burning sadness to it that really makes the song, completed with the popping (no pun intended) techno-derived Edge-work at the bridge, to bring the song into a more unstable, "chaotic" phase.

And LNOE has always been in my Pop-Top-5, even if at the bottom of that list.

Miami, I'll agree with, though I'm one of the few who seriously thought it was KILLER during some PopMart performances.

8. The whole "no place like" vibe of the song was much better executed in "New York". I'm glad they had the cojones to re-use the same idea for a song, because you can tell they really believed in the second coming, and "New York" is one of the best off of ATYCLB.
  9. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Oh, wow, definitely disagree with you there. I think "Please" has a slow-burning sadness to it that really makes the song, completed with the popping (no pun intended) techno-derived Edge-work at the bridge, to bring the song into a more unstable, "chaotic" phase.

The single version of Please has a more unfinished, but better sound to it. I still wonder why they didn't take that one over the album version.
  10. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

The single version of Please has a more unfinished, but better sound to it. I still wonder why they didn't take that one over the album version.

That same roughness is why I adored the acoustic version of Please on the back end of the Elevation Tour. Bare bones, from the heart soul.
  11. Back on topic- thanks for turning me back onto this song I'm falling in love all over again.