1. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

I have been since you originally mentioned it God knows when. This was just an indirect nudge to see what the progress was on it
    I know It's so time consuming, but Remy and myself have been consistently uploading new ones and we might be just a few weeks away from launching the section.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Oh wow, the photos as well? That would be the most comprehensive multimedia collection ever.

Regarding soundchecks... well, watch this space.
  3. Originally posted by MattG:That's a goal of mine by probably the end of next year - getting all the shows onto my own hard drive and categorizing.

Beyond any classic means of organization, I also have my own catalog tool I use while listening to shows, or trying to find one to listen to.

[image]

Each link goes straight to the U2Start show page, and this way I can keep track of killer highlights from specifics shows. Once I get through entire legs, I intend to make compilations to keep on my phone for the car and stuff.
    Oh man, that's brilliant Definitely something I should have started back in 2006 when I was listening to bootlegs on a daily basis. Now it's too late and I can't be bothered to go back and re-listen to 1600 gigs haha. But keep that going, it's amazing
  4. I don't have notes for every show; there were probably 120 shows I had already marked as "listened" by the time I started this. I might go back through my U2Start reviews to fill in the highlights section on those, since I typically would note that in my review.

But yeah, more than anything else, its a great visualization to see where I might have a gap in listening.
  5. Originally posted by MattG:That's a goal of mine by probably the end of next year - getting all the shows onto my own hard drive and categorizing.

Beyond any classic means of organization, I also have my own catalog tool I use while listening to shows, or trying to find one to listen to.

[image]

Each link goes straight to the U2Start show page, and this way I can keep track of killer highlights from specifics shows. Once I get through entire legs, I intend to make compilations to keep on my phone for the car and stuff.
    Good to see you back patou2!

And you’ve gone digital!
  6. lmao
  7. If anyone would like to use the catalog I posted a screenshot of, it would be extremely easy for me to create a blank template of it. It would have all show links active, and all columns labeled (but blank).

If anyone is interested just say the word, happy to share.

It has every show from the TUF era onward. I haven't doubled backwards from there yet.
  8. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:If I want to download the files in FLAC if possible otherwise MP3, and have all the multicams/pro shot videos on my drive, would I need a 1TB HDD or 2TB?

You need atleast two harddiscs... 1 for storage and one as backup
  9. I do it as City and night.

So for example:

London 2017 (Night 1)
    London 2017 (Night 2)
  10. In terms of naming etc, I do it exactly how it is here.

Albums titled as: 1997-08-06 - Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin Stadion

Tracks as: Bullet The Blue Sky / Into The Groove (snippet) / Angel of Harlem (snippet) / America (snippet)
  11. What external drives do people use? I'm looking for something reliable. My biggest fear is building a collection and it going pop after a couple of months.
  12. My latest was the Western Digital Red Plus NAS 12tb. I don't leave it running constantly like the NAS drives are built, but they're pretty sturdy. Was about $300, which is insane how cheap storage has gotten over the years.

Buy two and mirror them.