1. He certainly has one incredible voice. I had my chances to see Soundgarden in concert (years ago and just last summer) and, once again, dropped the ball.

Shame on me, I suppose.
  2. They're playing a festival further down south in Sweden... but I don't feel like paying the pretty high ticket price for the festival and travel there to see just one band. It would be too expensive.
  3. That's understandable. Have they played Sweden very much on their own over the years?

4. Not that much I think.
  5. i wiil attend on 4th and Chris on 28th both of june
  6. Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell will be interviewed twice this week. On Tuesday he will be on Zane Lowe’s show on Radio 1 in the UK, and on Wednesday he will appear on Seattle’s KISW. KISW are supposedly advertising that they will play the new Soundgarden song “Live to Rise,” and I think it’s promising that we could hear it on Zane Lowe’s show too.
  7. some of the yesterday's interview of Chris
    here the full interview with Matt too

“[Live to Rise] wasn’t written specifically with the story in mind but kind of in a broad sense, something that would work. It’s not like it’s something we get too preoccupied with, and it’s a fairly open thing but it had to work for an action film and comic book characters like this and obviously for a broad group of ages, because I think a film like this appeals to little kids all the way to old people because it’s an action film it’s comic book characters but it’s also pretty witty dialog and accomplished actors doing it. So it had to be somewhat open to all of that. But also first and foremost it has to be a Soundgarden song, so we just did that and it worked and I’m happy about that.”

“I’m not a huge comic book fan, but you couldn’t be a kid growing up in Seattle and not know what’s going on in that world.”

Some of the songs on our new album are pretty far left of center, and sort of zero in on more of a hardcore Soundgarden fan and not necessarily a family that goes to see a film like that. Although it’s not really what I think of as a necessarily family friendly song, but it’s as close as we’ve ever come.”

“I like just the whole first verse [of Live to Rise], and just sneaking that past Disney executives and getting it into a film I like that part. Just listen to the words to the first verse, it just kind of sums up the horror we go through trying to figure out while we’re all here in a popcorn movie. I think we got away with a lot getting that past them.”

“I think the first song we wrote lyrics to for the new album was music that Matt brought in and I listened to it and started writing lyrics and a melody and did a quick demo of it and it just was insane to me how it sounded so much like Soundgarden and only like Soundgarden and there’s nothing that I had done since we split up that was anything like that.”
  8. and here it comes the new song from The Avengers soundtrack

9. The song is a free download in the US iTunes Store. It was yesterday at least. I downloaded it.
  10. Mike McCready said the following on WFPK yesterday:

“I’ve heard 3 to 4 cuts from [the new Soundgarden album]… it’s ridiculous how good it is.”

put it out men!!!!
  11. Don’t, said Cornell, look to it [Live to Rise] for any hint of what the band’s new album will sound like.

“It sounds kind of stripped down and more streamlined than a lot of other songs we’ve been writing,” Cornell said of “The Avengers” cut. “But if you take any song out of context, from any one of our albums, going all the way back to our first Sub Pop EP, it’s not going to tell you anything about the songs around it. We’re just that way. This would fit on our record … but if there’s a way that it stands apart, this is fairly rhythmically straightforward.”
  12. I must say Live To Rise has grown on me a bit.