1. The sudden realization that Bono isn't God is hard to comprehend.

2. I'm sure God himself has cracked his back before
  3. Originally posted by gng007:[..]

I wish we had more details on exactly how he was injured and what the back surgery was. I suspect it will be at least a month before he is up and getting around without too much trouble. He'll not be able to move well for maybe 3 months. He might just be standing on the stage without too much movement/dancing. Ugh. This is awful for Bono, the band, and the fans. Such a heartbreaker.

Agreed, but I think that just the fact of he being there on stage will help in his recovery, in my opinion. And people will give him all the support he deserves for being there weeks after his surgery.

4. Broken back or not, I still think Bono has given me more happiness in life than God has (no offense God, if you're listening - U2's gifts to me have just been so clear, enjoyable, and obvious - yours perhaps not so much).

GET WELL BONO, and please please please return to SLC. It will be such a dramatic night ... we will forever remember it and be grateful to Larry, Adam, Edge and Bono.
  5. Originally posted by gng007:[..]

Broken back or not, I still think Bono has given me more happiness in life than God has (no offense God, if you're listening - U2's gifts to me have just been so clear, enjoyable, and obvious - yours perhaps not so much).

GET WELL BONO, and please please please return to SLC. It will be such a dramatic night ... we will forever remember it and be grateful to Larry, Adam, Edge and Bono.

Agree, Bono get well soon..YOU HAVE TOO!!!
  6. OMG !!! Noooooooooo!!!
    Just got word from my friend Barb tht lives in Jersey were all going to the Meadowlands show, Philly, Miami, and Denver!
    I'm sort of stunned, shocked, and numb still.. Upset, worried, concerned, sad all at once!!!

Originally posted by gng007:[..]

Broken back or not, I still think Bono has given me more happiness in life than God has (no offense God, if you're listening - U2's gifts to me have just been so clear, enjoyable, and obvious - yours perhaps not so much).

Hey Gerg Thanks for all your efforts it was Great having your updates!! Just wanted to say U2's has music has been a gift to me as well except for me I believe that God used Bono and U2's music so that I may hear his message. Just my perspective that's all!!

Having said that, I'll be heading to the church to send prayers and good vibes over to Bono and his family along with the band, stage crew and managment! I'm sure it's a difficult time for them as much as it is for us................... I'm sad
  7. This stinks. However if they do have to cancel the tour for any length of time maybe bono + the band can use that time to finish a new album up. Then we can have it out by the time they're ready to hit the road again.

There's about as optimistic of a perspective as i can think of at this point.
  8. Wow, I was really concerned when I read he was taken into hospital...hopefully he recovers well... Get well soon Bono and take all the time you need.
  9. I hope that Bono can get back on his feet fast. Best of luck to you b-man!

It's odd how this came three days after my friend Josh (drummer in the band I'm in) had to go to the hospital and ended up getting a spinal tap.
  10. Get well and get "back" soon, Bono.
  11. It's amazing how fast information can be skewed. I reported that a truck driver was taking a piece of this stage to Minneapolis.

And now I've seen multiple tweets/updates from others in the U2 community saying that the report from SLC truck driver is that the tour will resume in Minneapolis -what? That isn't what I said!

12. Originally posted by gng007:It's amazing how fast information can be skewed. I reported that a truck driver was taking a piece of this stage to Minneapolis.

And now I've seen multiple tweets/updates from others in the U2 community saying that the report from SLC truck driver is that the tour will resume in Minneapolis -what? That isn't what I said!

It's been twisted to say what people want it to say