1. Even Edge is inviting us to drink. IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

2. No!he's showing us the urine beaker
  3. Out on the beer all day...Mayo fucked it up again. a
    Anyway
  4. The bird is the word.
  5. Drunk and listening to random youtybe stuff on a monday. Hell yeah

6. I'll post this here because I've had a few and I feel like a rant.

Much has been made about whether the band will speak out about the atrocities in Myanmar, and whether they'll now speak out against ASSK.

They won't. Don't expect them too. They've put too much into her, and frankly, they're massive hypocrites.

The one thing that's struck me about them on recent late night talk shows is how Bono likes to get the Trump dig in. He doesn't like Trump, clearly. Whatever your political leanings I don't mean to offend, but Trump is nowhere near as bad as Bush Jnr. It's not even close.

Bush's wars have led to the instability in the Middle East that has prompted the formation of ISIS, and ergo to the atrocities in the mainly-European cities Bono rings off when singing SBS on tour. But Bono was and is happy to tolerate Bush because he increased money for the treatment of AIDs. I don't think that's really been sufficiently challenged on this forum. Is it enough to have the support you want for your very-noble plan, when the same person is wreaking havoc elsewhere?

I'm not defending Trump: he's incompetent, and his danger lies in that incompetence. He is, however, so incompetent that he hasn't passed a single bit of major legislation. People blame his administration for threatening to take away health care, but don't look at Bush for not providing it in the first place.

The 3 most significant worldwide events: 9/11, the wars in Afghanistan + Iraq, and the worldwide recession, happened under his watch. I don't blame him for the first, but the latter two have led to untold misery. But the band were happy to accept that, because he increased aid to AIDs treatment.

What

F****n'

Hypocrisy.

Forget the music for a moment, and ask yourself if that's really good enough.

With Aun San Suu Kyi, they got it wrong, and that, for me, is understandable. I went to a speech she delivered in Dublin, thinking I was in the presence of a great person. I was wrong. Don't expect the band to say the same thing though. Arrogant pricks.
  7. Originally posted by KaiserJose:I'll post this here because I've had a few and I feel like a rant.

Much has been made about whether the band will speak out about the atrocities in Myanmar, and whether they'll now speak out against ASSK.

They won't. Don't expect them too. They've put too much into her, and frankly, they're massive hypocrites.

The one thing that's struck me about them on recent late night talk shows is how Bono likes to get the Trump dig in. He doesn't like Trump, clearly. Whatever your political leanings I don't mean to offend, but Trump is nowhere near as bad as Bush Jnr. It's not even close.

Bush's wars have led to the instability in the Middle East that has prompted the formation of ISIS, and ergo to the atrocities in the mainly-European cities Bono rings off when singing SBS on tour. But Bono was and is happy to tolerate Bush because he increased money for the treatment of AIDs. I don't think that's really been sufficiently challenged on this forum. Is it enough to have the support you want for your very-noble plan, when the same person is wreaking havoc elsewhere?

I'm not defending Trump: he's incompetent, and his danger lies in that incompetence. He is, however, so incompetent that he hasn't passed a single bit of major legislation. People blame his administration for threatening to take away health care, but don't look at Bush for not providing it in the first place.

The 3 most significant worldwide events: 9/11, the wars in Afghanistan + Iraq, and the worldwide recession, happened under his watch. I don't blame him for the first, but the latter two have led to untold misery. But the band were happy to accept that, because he increased aid to AIDs treatment.

What

F****n'

Hypocrisy.

Forget the music for a moment, and ask yourself if that's really good enough.

With Aun San Suu Kyi, they got it wrong, and that, for me, is understandable. I went to a speech she delivered in Dublin, thinking I was in the presence of a great person. I was wrong. Don't expect the band to say the same thing though. Arrogant pricks.
    This can be an interesting discussion, so let me offer these points:

First, I agree with you on many things: the Bush Jr. administration was one of the worst in history. This administration could be even worse if it weren't for their total incompetency. Still, they are one tweet away from nuclear way and a few days short of completely wrecking the healthcare for decades in a completely irresponsible and partisan way, which is more devastating than Bush's 2008 crisis.

The way I see it, it's not so much hypocrisy from Bono, but pragmatism: he knew he couldn't convince Bush of not going to war, cut taxes for the rich or other idiotic things he did, but he thought "if I could at least convince him of doing something about Africa and the AIDS epidemic, at least that's better than nothing." It's not like he endorsed Bush for reelection or anything like that. Granted, a photo of him with Bush suffices for the general public to think that's a public endorsement, but still...
  8. I'm a happy drunk. I drink to escape this shit for a brief spell. This thread just killed my buzz. Thanks.

Killjoy was here.