1. Note: This thread was first named: "Will the 360° Tour hit Moscow? Smog hits Russia", that's why some of the replies are not related to the show itself.

Dates
    Wednesday, 25 August

Members attending (12 of U2start)
    2nameless1 (RU), alexandra_t (RU), Camo (RU), gimp2u23 (NZ), Jar (RU), mcvlad (RU), Mirrorgirl (RU), Pikadi2 (FR), Sateily (RU), SUN_DEVIL (RU), toysfornoise (NL), truckvorden (NL)

Show page
    http://www.u2start.com/shows/2010-08-25/Moscow,%20Russia%20-%20Luzhniki%20Stadium/

Live broadcast of audio/video
    http://twitcasting.tv/u2gigs/
    http://de.1000mikes.com/show/u2tour_on_air
    (updated during show)

Setlist
    1. Return of the Stingray Guitar
    2. Beautiful Day / Rain (snippet)
    3. New Year's Day
    4. Get On Your Boots
    5. Magnificent
    6. Mysterious Ways / My Sweet Lord (snippet) / Singing in the Rain (snippet)
    7. Elevation
    8. Until the End of the World
    9. I Still Haven't Found
    10. Pride
    11. In A Little While
    12. Miss Sarajevo
    13. City of Blinding Lights
    14. Vertigo
    15. Crazy Tonight remix / Discotheque (snippet)
    16. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    17. MLK
    18. Walk On

19. One / Amazing Grace
    20. Where the Streets Have No Name

21. Ultra Violet
    22. With or Without You
    23. Knocking on Heaven's Door
    24. Moment of Surrender

2. Terrible thing, I hear the news every day and it's worse and worse every day. I really don't care for the concert, I care for that wonderful city and people!
  3. Absolutely terrible news I heard some airports are still open, but that's so people can escape the city, there's no way U2's going there.
  4. Move it to St Petersburg. Amazing city and no smog .
  5. That's really bad news 52 people have died as well, such a shame and to hit a really big city as well is worrying. As Sergio said, I don't care for the concert, I care for the people.
  6. They will play there everyone will dress like Adam Clayton did on the popmart tour all night!!!!!!!!!!
  7. It's terrible really, I hope the weather can change very soon. I don't know whether the only problem is the weather, or whether it is also a climatic issue. In any event, we - well, our governments - need to do something about climate change, and fast.
  8. Originally posted by JuJuman:It's terrible really, I hope the weather can change very soon. I don't know whether the only problem is the weather, or whether it is also a climatic issue. In any event, we - well, our governments - need to do something about climate change, and fast.

I'm not on the climate change bandwagon I'm afraid. And even if the problem exists, then I think it's too late to make an immediate impact, or even an impact we are likely to see for decades. But if it does exist, then any impact is better than none I suppose.

That said, the concert isn't for two weeks. If it clears up by then, then U2 will probably play. If not they have 3 options:

1. Play in a nearby city.
    2. Reschedule in Moscow for the end of the leg.
    3. Cancel altogether.

I have a feeling that those who have tickets will be seeing U2 though.
  9. My heart goes out to the people of Moscow. I hope that the peat can be tamed soon. The death rates are just evil.

At the very least, I hope that U2 can reschedule for the patient fans of Russia.
  10. Terrible news.

This show will be one of the bests of the leg, in my opinion, but I wouldn't perform in this situation.

Hope things get better soon, not just beacuse of the show, of course...

11. hey guys! couldn't ignore this topic as it is very disturbing. I live in Moscow and I can tell you that news exaggerates the situation a lot. even our local news: my parents phone me from my hometown and they're scared because they think that we're suffocating here. this is not true. people in masks are obviously tourists because I haven't seen anyone wearing them in last three weeks. and the smog isn't so bad, really. all our windows are open and one can breath freely. so if U2 cancel their show it will be really awful, I'll be more than pissed... my friend is coming from another part of the country merely to see them, we've also collected an awful lot of money to pay for my mom's plane ticket... and bands keep performing here, we saw The Editors at an openair festival two weeks ago right in the middle of the smog panic, so let's hope for the best... sorry for this outburst of emotions though.
  12. so going to see the Moscow show as usual on