1. I wouldn't even call HTDAAB an album...more like collection of songs with no connection...

There are some really great songs...SYCMIOYO is pure brilliance, and I really like LAPOE (which I hated at first). Then COBL, song that I'm personaly very emotional about, Vertigo, Original of the Species (Killahurtz Mix is awesome!)...

Too bad they fucked up production..
  2. Originally posted by wangmaster:just because an album is a classic doesn't mean everyone has to like it. hell, i think sgt. peppers' is an awful album, but i know it's well respected.

on the flipside, they didn't make HTDAAB for people not to like, so if you dig it, enjoy it. it's everyone else that's missing out. i think it's great, if a little incohesive and tame.

I didn't say everyone has to like those albums I named, nothing like that. I myself dislike some of them. But they're widely recognised as classics, as landmark albums. HTDAAB is not. I like some of its songs, I like them a lot... But I think that:
    a) it's not a classic, at all ;
    b) it's their most incoherent/incohesive work ;
    c) it's not underrated, since it's been one of the most succesful albums of the decade.
    *In fact; i think that it's overrated
  3. Right, you think so. Don't see why you deny others seeing it as a classic album, though. To each their own.
  4. Actually, I think it's the opposite (answer to the topic question). I can listen to two or three tracks from that album, the rest I can (and do) live without.

5. this. And I don't even have periods I really like it. I mean, I have periods that I dig ATYCLB.
  6. I listen to October more than Atomic Bomb.

October has a coherent theme (God). Atomic Bomb is scattershot. I also really like songs like Gloria, I Fall Down, I Threw A Brick Through A Window, Rejoice, Tomorrow, and Scarlet.
  7. Originally posted by Yogi:I wouldn't even call HTDAAB an album...more like collection of songs with no connection...

There are some really great songs...SYCMIOYO is pure brilliance, and I really like LAPOE (which I hated at first). Then COBL, song that I'm personaly very emotional about, Vertigo, Original of the Species (Killahurtz Mix is awesome!)...

Too bad they fucked up production..

Steve Lilywhite.

8. Half of the songs are or could be masterpieces (Original of the Species, COBL, Love and Peace, Sometimes, Miracle Drug, Vertigo)... But the other 6 songs...

9. Originally posted by Thib6992:Half of the songs are or could be masterpieces (Original of the Species, COBL, Love and Peace, Sometimes, Miracle Drug, Vertigo)... But the other 6 songs...

If Flood was in charge with Redanka on standby they'd have made their best album.
  10. In a perfect world

Are you Gonna Wait Forever, Mercy, Levitate and Smile would have been on it.

Produced by Flood, that would have been a force in musical history.
  11. it has the 3rd best collection of songs of any u2 album, IMO, but it does not deliver an ALBUM EXPERIENCE like Joshua or Achtung. And i play ATYCLB over Bomb because there is a feel created on that album as well.