1. Looking back on it kinda low-key reckon Seconds and The Refugee should've been played on one of I+E, JT17/19 or E+I.

Honestly outside of the big 3 (SBS, NYD, 40) War is very underrated
  2. I think U2 are looking for 'theme' songs.
  3. In my opinion, Miracle Drug is hugely underrated.
  4. miami
  5. Elvis Presley in America. I'll never know the lyrics and I'm sure I'll never hear a live version. But this is the most underrated U2 song.
  6. Originally posted by hello:[..]

I love Wire, it is such an underrated song. It has such great energy. Larry, Adam, Edge and Bono are all on top form in the song. It's one of my favourite U2 songs to play on the drums.

I've really come around on Wire lately. I still don't think it fits very well on TUF, it feels very much like a War leftover, which is probably why it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I don't know if I would necessarily call this next song underrated, but one that I'm fairly shocked we haven't seen return to the live set is Twilight. It would have rotated perfectly on the third leg of the Vertigo Tour, at the front of the set with the Boy songs.

It would have worked even better on the Experience + Innocence tour - I was almost certain it would replace (or at the very least be featured alongside) IWF/Out of Control/Gloria for its "in the shadows, boy meets man" refrain.
  7. Originally posted by MattG:[..]

I've really come around on Wire lately. I still don't think it fits very well on TUF, it feels very much like a War leftover, which is probably why it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I don't know if I would necessarily call this next song underrated, but one that I'm fairly shocked we haven't seen return to the live set is Twilight. It would have rotated perfectly on the third leg of the Vertigo Tour, at the front of the set with the Boy songs.

It would have worked even better on the Experience + Innocence tour - I was almost certain it would replace (or at the very least be featured alongside) IWF/Out of Control/Gloria for its "in the shadows, boy meets man" refrain.
    Oh man, I love Twilight. That really bassy, low-e hook that Edge does before "in the shadows, boy meets man" rips. Boy is just rammed with great riffs.
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Oh man, I love Twilight. That really bassy, low-e hook that Edge does before "in the shadows, boy meets man" rips. Boy is just rammed with great riffs.
    I said a couple of days ago on a facebook post that Boy is probably Edge's best album all-around, someone thought I was kidding and others called me nuts but I stand behind that 100%. It's the album where he shines the most and, as you say, it's absolutely packed with memorable riffs - both in the singles and in the rest of the tunes.
  9. Originally posted by MattG:[..]

Twilight is just too dark to fit anywhere within the modern U2 shows. I'm even surprised it managed to last until 1984.
  10. Love Comes Tumbling