1. Originally posted by popmarter:Ultra Violet on Rosebowl is the best live performance on the DVD whether it's the best version of all time is impossible to say as there is very little pro shot versions of it but it's definitely a great version.
    It's definitely best DVD version... because it's only one DVD version
  2. Why they cut

3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's one of the best 360 versions for sure, but it's still a bit too strained and shouty to be on par with any 92 or 93 versions - he played in a different vocal league back then, that's a fact. And also, although this is a bit more subjective, I think Bono really FELT the song in 92-93 but not anymore in recent days, like Mike said yesterday: [..]

YET it was absolutely incredible to witness the resurrection of the song in Barceona 2009. Still one of my life highlights

To me the ZooTV lack the power sound that the Milan 2009 version had, the only thing I find intressting in the ZooTV version are the My Way-sanatra singing.
    He have so much more feeling in his voice in the end of the song.

About the vocal leauge, yes he was way better when it came to the falsetto back in the days and the belting, but Bono had some real problems when it came to hit the higher notes back in 92-93.
    Wide Awake in Bad was forced and strained, on Vertigo and 360 tour he nailed that notes, same thing with the "Say Its True" part in NYD.
    Tracks like EBW(Live version), and Miss Sarajevo would have been hard for ZooTV Bono to sing.
  4. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    The 93 version he did as MacPhisto was atrocious hated the way he sang it sounded like some old English devil 😈🤣
    Well that was the whole point of Macphisto wasn't it? But yeah I agree, the Macphisto manners/accent kinda messed WOWY and Ultraviolet up.
  5. zoo tv mexico last show

for me best UV
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well that was the whole point of Macphisto wasn't it? But yeah I agree, the Macphisto manners/accent kinda messed WOWY and Ultraviolet up.
    ANY Uv from Zoo TV is better than any other version, 2009-11 is great but it doesn’t compare to me. Even as Macphisto I loved it, way more emotional/drunk
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Won't be found on the JT17 or JT19 tours that's for sure. Despite him bringing back the "all f-----d up" lyric at times, it seemed to lack the emotional highs of earlier performances.

Wait, Bono brought back "all fucked up" on the JT shows?? I didn't know this...anyone have specific shows to point me to?

I'll just add that for me what makes the 360 versions superior are Bono's octave jump on "you bury your treasure...", Edge's guitar tone shift halfway through that second verse and the bridge, plus his playing on the outro, and the overall vibe starting the encore with that laser jacket.

Even though JT shows had similar musical tones to 360 as compared to ZooTV - and I did love the "luminous icons" tribute to women, especially as a girl dad - I would rank Zoo TV versions as better mainly because the JT shows didn't have that octave jump. Maybe that's picky but there you go.
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]

Wait, Bono brought back "all fucked up" on the JT shows?? I didn't know this...anyone have specific shows to point me to?

Melbourne 2019 was one.
  9. I like all the versions of the song, well arrangements anyway I’ve not heard every single version. I agree with what I’ve read a few comments back about the way Bono sometimes sang it on zoo tv, I didn’t like it as much in character but it wasn’t always too empathic with the accent and it was still great anyway but 360 was my favourite. They absolutely nailed it and it was a perfect encore opener. I do think the JT17/19 versions are underrated though, still great for me. Not quite as great as 360 but I’d probably still rank it alongside zoo tv because of Edge’s guitar work. It’s like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Ferrari with a Range Rover, all great in different ways.
  10. a song that U2 always played in a good way i think. maybe the ZOOTV version are bad arranged, like for Adam’s bass which sometimes is very difficult to hear same thing for the guitar echoes. The 360 version is the best one in doubt i guess, all sounds are nailed at perfection, although Bono’s voice in 2009-2011 was already going on a bad direction, but i think the Sheffield show from 2009 holds Ultra Violet (Light My Way)’s best performance. The 2017-2019 JT 30th version are very underrated, good sound, Bono tried it all to sing all parts well in those years and he also nailed it sometimes, Larry was amazing in performing the song in this tour. So yea this is it
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:I like all the versions of the song, well arrangements anyway I’ve not heard every single version. I agree with what I’ve read a few comments back about the way Bono sometimes sang it on zoo tv, I didn’t like it as much in character but it wasn’t always too empathic with the accent and it was still great anyway but 360 was my favourite. They absolutely nailed it and it was a perfect encore opener. I do think the JT17/19 versions are underrated though, still great for me. Not quite as great as 360 but I’d probably still rank it alongside zoo tv because of Edge’s guitar work. It’s like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Ferrari with a Range Rover, all great in different ways.
    I really liked the version from Rome in 2017, despite the technical hiccup at the beginning. Bono must have been feeling really confident that night because he hit more high notes than he usually did for that song on the tour.
  12. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    ANY Uv from Zoo TV is better than any other version, 2009-11 is great but it doesn’t compare to me. Even as Macphisto I loved it, way more emotional/drunk
    Not a chance the Macphisto version is dreadful the 360 version is far superior the band play it way better and Bono sings it the way it should be sung.