1. Milan 92 and Milan 09. just missing an 'all fucked up' on 360.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:My little mind still struggles with the fact that this happened in 2009. Grail song resigned to ashes bursts back to life in glorious fashion. Special.

Yes. By far my favorite moment from 360. Still might be in top 5 best live experiences personally for me. Just glorious.
  3. Won't be found on the JT17 or JT19 tours that's for sure. Despite him bringing back the "all f-----d up" lyric at times, it seemed to lack the emotional highs of earlier performances.

4. This is definitely the best live performance of all-time of this song ..... Vocal delivery of Bono and Edge was out of this world on that night !!
  5. Originally posted by TRISTAN:[..]

This is definitely the best live performance of all-time of this song ..... Vocal delivery of Bono and Edge was out of this world on that night !!
    Best performance including the 1992 versions?? Respectfully disagree LOL.. from vocals to guitar performance, gotta disagree with this one
  6. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    Best performance including the 1992 versions?? Respectfully disagree LOL.. from vocals to guitar performance, gotta disagree with this one

The version from Rose Bowl is to me a little weak when it comes to the vocals.

The Milan version from 2009 is for me the best one, Bonos vocals are top notch, the "I remember" part is better than any ZooTV performence. The "Lie" in "Now we lie together" is very powerful.

1:51:47
  7. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:[..]

The version from Rose Bowl is to me a little weak when it comes to the vocals.

The Milan version from 2009 is for me the best one, Bonos vocals are top notch, the "I remember" part is better than any ZooTV performence. The "Lie" in "Now we lie together" is very powerful.

1:51:47
    [YouTube Video]
    My main concern with most/all of the 360 performances is that Bono screamed a bit too much in order to reach the right tones.
  8. Ultra Violet on Rosebowl is the best live performance on the DVD whether it's the best version of all time is impossible to say as there is very little pro shot versions of it but it's definitely a great version.
  9. Originally posted by popmarter:Ultra Violet on Rosebowl is the best live performance on the DVD whether it's the best version of all time is impossible to say as there is very little pro shot versions of it but it's definitely a great version.
    Wait, so we can only judge performances based on prohot versions?
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    My main concern with most/all of the 360 performances is that Bono screamed a bit too much in order to reach the right tones.

I thought I combined the belting and clean notes well on the the Milan version
  11. It's one of the best 360 versions for sure, but it's still a bit too strained and shouty to be on par with any 92 or 93 versions - he played in a different vocal league back then, that's a fact. And also, although this is a bit more subjective, I think Bono really FELT the song in 92-93 but not anymore in recent days, like Mike said yesterday:
    YET it was absolutely incredible to witness the resurrection of the song in Barceona 2009. Still one of my life highlights
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's one of the best 360 versions for sure, but it's still a bit too strained and shouty to be on par with any 92 or 93 versions - he played in a different vocal league back then, that's a fact. And also, although this is a bit more subjective, I think Bono really FELT the song in 92-93 but not anymore in recent days, like Mike said yesterday: [..]

YET it was absolutely incredible to witness the resurrection of the song in Barceona 2009. Still one of my life highlights
    The 93 version he did as MacPhisto was atrocious hated the way he sang it sounded like some old English devil 😈🤣