1. 18 (Irish) pounds, it was 14 for Croke Park in 1987. An increase of almost 30%, with a correction for inflation it probably would be around 20%. It's significant, but not that big a deal I think. If U2 felt guilty about anything it probably would have been the low capacity.
  2. Just curious... about the official Love: Live From The Point Depot released through iTunes Music Store. It's available only in lossy AAC format, or there's aslo an official lossless version out there? Which I couldn't find in any digital music store. Thank you!
  3. As far as we know the only official release of Love: Live from the Point Depot was in November 2004 through the Complete U2 Apple store.

U2songs is the ultimate authority on such matters.
  4. Amazing how there is still virtually no footage of these legendary nights.
    Dortmund,Rotterdam and Paris all have video bootlegs,surely someone wouldve taped at least one of these gigs?
    Or was the Point Depot security notoriously difficult?
  5. Originally posted by kezman:Amazing how there is still virtually no footage of these legendary nights.
    Dortmund,Rotterdam and Paris all have video bootlegs,surely someone wouldve taped at least one of these gigs?
    And what did you tape?
  6. Originally posted by kezman:Amazing how there is still virtually no footage of these legendary nights.
    I'm more surprised how people managed to video the other shows. Those camcorders were huge in those days..
  7. One8ung and I (along with a lot of tapers) find it a bit...irritating...when people wonder loudly why there aren't more recordings/tapers/etc. of shows when the person wondering hasn't done any taping.
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    One8ung and I (along with a lot of tapers) find it a bit...irritating...when people wonder loudly why there aren't more recordings/tapers/etc. of shows when the person wondering hasn't done any taping.
    ah, come on.. you guys should not hijack these kind of questions..
  9. I remember those gigs mentioned being sold at a fanclub meeting. Seemed like the taper didn't mind taking some profits for his work. Despite that you might still feel connected to him, but I don't see what's wrong with Kezman's question/wondering.
  10. Agreed. He worded question that shouldn’t have gotten those responses. Not like some I’ve seen that deserved maybe.
    We need to be nice to each other and not make this like Twitter where “cancel culture” or “I’m so offended “ is norm. And to be honest Ive thought same thing about 89 gigs in Dublin.