1. Great show choice. Almost every album represented in that show. If they switch The Ocean for Gloria and Walk On for Angel of Harlem or something, you got everything including Passengers! I probably will side with you on this one honestly.

It’s so hard to choose because I would love POP songs in a set list to be considered perfect. Every time I think about it, it’s almost criminal how underrepresented that album is. One show that comes to mind is Chicago 2011, https://www.u2gigs.com/show1661.html

The impromptu One Tree Hill was such a wonderful surprise to me when I was there
  2. Also I agree with Matt regarding the Vertigo Tour. That was probably the most variation we ever had, and ever will have, set list wise. They were adding tons of stuff and switching things around, especially the encore. God if they could’ve just played the POPcore just a couple of times so we had audio or video...
  3. Some good shouts already the chicago 2011 gig is something like I had in mind but there was at least one 360 show that had the 2 Zooropa songs (Zooropa and stay) as well as 6 from AB when ultra Violet was in place of HMTMKMKM. Not that HMTMKMKM isn’t still a great song. The addition of one tree hill in Chicago does give that a bonus point though. And I do like the vertigo tour variation as well in terms of lots of different albums covered in the one show.
  4. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    Great show choice. Almost every album represented in that show. If they switch The Ocean for Gloria and Walk On for Angel of Harlem or something, you got everything including Passengers! I probably will side with you on this one honestly.

It’s so hard to choose because I would love POP songs in a set list to be considered perfect. Every time I think about it, it’s almost criminal how underrepresented that album is. One show that comes to mind is Chicago 2011, https://www.u2gigs.com/show1661.html

The impromptu One Tree Hill was such a wonderful surprise to me when I was there
    I mean to be honest, yeah, the 360 Chicago ‘11 show we were at is probably the best setlist I can think of to witness. Possibly the only thing missing was Bad.

I’ll hunt for some real stellar Vertigo shows thoug
  5. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    I mean to be honest, yeah, the 360 Chicago ‘11 show we were at is probably the best setlist I can think of to witness. Possibly the only thing missing was Bad.

I’ll hunt for some real stellar Vertigo shows thoug
    Notable elements of the Chicago show, not that it really matters if we’re just looking at objective setlists

-Tryin’ snippet in MW
    -IWF swapped out for Out of Control
    -Stay included when it was not a regular
    -Impromptu OTH

My bias is way too severe to commit to this opinion, but it’s got to be one of the most exciting shows they played on that tour or even in the last decade.
  6. Any best setlist show has to feature Bad. A very firm imo
  7. I was going through various pairs of 2011 shows (eg Montreal) recently and thought the set lists were pretty much perfect- especially the way the rotated those four pairs of classics).

Then I remembered/noticed the lack of Bad and thought otherwise.
  8. The Pittsburgh 360 show did feature Bad as an impromptu closer, complete with a “walk on the wild side” snippet. That was such a great show!
  9. Originally posted by podiumboy:The Pittsburgh 360 show did feature Bad as an impromptu closer, complete with a “walk on the wild side” snippet. That was such a great show!
    That’s another great shout, pretty much the same as Chicago but instead of out of control and One tree hill it’s I will follow and Bad very even I would say.

The late zoo tv shows are really full of quality 5 Zooropa songs and 8 from AB. Then there’s the likes of Dublin 93 which has Ultra Violet and Bad but only 2 Zooropa songs. The zoo TV sets were shorter though than most later in their career so since it’s an on paper comparison maybe they fall short. JT anniversary shows have to be in the mix as well. I’m a bigger fan of AB but there’s obviously a big split between AB and JT as fans favourite so they shows would cater to a lot of people who prefer JT and there’s still One and Ultra Violet in there, Real Thing in 2019 as well. I’m going to look out my favourite from each tour then compare them and pick one based on that.
  10. As much as I enjoy Zooropa the album, I didn’t like how they replaced some of the classics during the last leg of the ZooTV tour - and UV especially! I still say the first two legs (before NYD replaced Wild Horses) is the best ever (ie, my favourite).
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:As much as I enjoy Zooropa the album, I didn’t like how they replaced some of the classics during the last leg of the ZooTV tour - and UV especially! I still say the first two legs (before NYD replaced Wild Horses) is the best ever (ie, my favourite).
    10 from AB and 5 from JT as well as Bad at earlier Zoo tv shows like Stockholm. Hard to argue with that either. I would have loved to see a Setlist with the 10 from AB and 5 Zooropa songs or even more from both albums, Milan sort of had 11 with the So Cruel snippet although I don’t think that really counts, for my favourite zoo tv sets I do just add the number of AB and Zooropa songs together and whatever has the most usually wins plus Stay is my favourite song so that’s likely to sway things as well. Great dilemma’s to have when you’re thinking of what gig to play though ‘will I go for Stockholm with loads of AB, Dublin with just slightly less AB and some Zooropa or Sydney with less AB again but more Zooropa’. That’s zoo tv for ya.