1. It’s a shame Bono has had as many health problems as he’s had recently. Watching some 360 performances today and he was on fire from 2009-2011. Probably the most “Bono” he was since Popmart. Not that he was inactive or anything during Elevation or Vertigo but he definitely took it up a notch during 360
  2. Originally posted by Release3:It’s a shame Bono has had as many health problems as he’s had recently. Watching some 360 performances today and he was on fire from 2009-2011. Probably the most “Bono” he was since Popmart. Not that he was inactive or anything during Elevation or Vertigo but he definitely took it up a notch during 360
    Yes. He still looked and acted like being in his 30s, maybe 40s... It's only been 10 years since then but it's been like 20 or more for Bono. He's aged so much in this past decade.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    10 from AB and 5 from JT as well as Bad at earlier Zoo tv shows like Stockholm. Hard to argue with that either. I would have loved to see a Setlist with the 10 from AB and 5 Zooropa songs or even more from both albums, Milan sort of had 11 with the So Cruel snippet although I don’t think that really counts, for my favourite zoo tv sets I do just add the number of AB and Zooropa songs together and whatever has the most usually wins plus Stay is my favourite song so that’s likely to sway things as well. Great dilemma’s to have when you’re thinking of what gig to play though ‘will I go for Stockholm with loads of AB, Dublin with just slightly less AB and some Zooropa or Sydney with less AB again but more Zooropa’. That’s zoo tv for ya.

This is the reason we NEED the Stockholm show cleaned up and reissued - so it can sound as good as the other two you've mentioned. As much as I appreciate the hard work that has gone into creating the versions we have, the audio is still a few steps below Dublin show and, especially, the officially-released Sydney show.
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

This is the reason we NEED the Stockholm show cleaned up and reissued - so it can sound as good as the other two you've mentioned. As much as I appreciate the hard work that has gone into creating the versions we have, the audio is still a few steps below Dublin show and, especially, the officially-released Sydney show.
    I don’t know why they don’t just bundle these things together. Digitally release loads of shows like that and just have a zoo tv boxset for the people like myself that like the physical items. It’s strange for such a famously good live band that they haven’t really had a live boxset before. Yes the dvd/blu Ray releases but it just ends up being the same show on dvd/blu Ray and then a bonus disc all in the one box, I don’t understand why they do that. They’ve never put a set out that’s half a dozen shows from the same tour in audio and then a couple of DVD’s. I know we talk about them being perfectionists but it’s not like Stockholm and Dublin are full of mistakes they’re great performances. Every tour has several high quality performances, plenty of shows with no major mistakes and it seems like most of it can be quite easily edited anyway. Seriously how much would you pay for a box with Sydney in blu Ray, Yankee stadium full concert in blu Ray, Stockholm, Washington, Basel, Adelaide all on dvd or blu Ray if they can do an HD upscale and then Dublin and Rotterdam on cd maybe Yankee stadium audio as well. These are just the ones that are already in good quality on here. The AB20 uber boxset I think was about £350 give or take and I’d happily spend that on a boxset like I mentioned above. And then have individual and bundled digital options so it’s affordable that way for fans that aren’t collectors as such but just want to see and listen to the shows. Too exciting even thinking about that knowing it will almost certainly never happen but it is a nice thought. They could do that for every tour as well.
  5. I wish they would read this forum
  6. So if it is anything for Zoo, then it is going to be Stockholm or Washington right?
  7. JT gave us the New York show so who knows but probably
  8. Do you mean for dvd/blu Ray or cd? I’d guess Stockholm would be the first pick for a dvd/blu Ray just because of the stronger performance. I think New York, Yankee Stadium could be a contender for audio or Dublin. The band have a habit of releasing stuff that’s already had something released from it before so with JT New York we already had ISHFWILF on R&H from that show. BTBS and Real Thing from Dublin have been released and Love Is Blindness from Yankee stadium has been released and Arms around the world was a bonus on the zoo tv fan club cd plus we have a lot of Yankee stadium stuff on the outside broadcast special. So I think these are shows that are fully mixed in terms of having crowd as well so I think it would just be mastered or remastered.
  9. They would probably remix Dublin 93. It seems to be a trend these days for shows 25+ years.
  10. That's a very tough question actually. Some of the best setlists regarding flow are lacking one song or two that would make them just perfect (for example, 1989-12-30 Dublin would be the ultimate eighties show if 40 had been the closer). And also it's very hard to separate our opinion on the performances from the setlist. Anyway, a couple of my favs:

1989-10-08 - Melbourne - one of only 8 performances of Hawkmoon 269, no covers, perfect flow all throughout. Thevery only fault I can find in this setlist is that it doesn't feature any Achtung Baby songs, serious.

1993-08-28 - Dublin - still 9 Achtung Baby tunes but with the very nice addition of Stay.

2011-07-20 - East Rutherford - Zooropa and Stay together with 5 Achtung Baby songs in the same show? Yes please.

2015-09-13 - Amsterdam - slight bias here but Magnificent replacing Elevation and Bad/40 ending a show in Europe for the first time? Oh yeah.

1992-05-22 - Milan - the most Achtung Baby ever played at a live show. Any more explanation needed?

1987-11-18 - Los Angeles - one of the best (and longer) Joshua Tree setlists. Streets, I Will Follow and Out Of Control back to back to start the show - it doesn't get much better than that does it.

2017-05-14 - Seattle - the whole Joshua Tree album plus Bad AND A Sort Of Homecoming back to back, plus I Will Follow as closer? Yay.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That's a very tough question actually. Some of the best setlists regarding flow are lacking one song or two that would make them just perfect (for example, 1989-12-30 Dublin would be the ultimate eighties show if 40 had been the closer). And also it's very hard to separate our opinion on the performances from the setlist. Anyway, a couple of my favs:

1989-10-08 - Melbourne - one of only 8 performances of Hawkmoon 269, no covers, perfect flow all throughout. Thevery only fault I can find in this setlist is that it doesn't feature any Achtung Baby songs, serious.

1993-08-28 - Dublin - still 9 Achtung Baby tunes but with the very nice addition of Stay.

2011-07-20 - East Rutherford - Zooropa and Stay together with 5 Achtung Baby songs in the same show? Yes please.

2015-09-13 - Amsterdam - slight bias here but Magnificent replacing Elevation and Bad/40 ending a show in Europe for the first time? Oh yeah.

1992-05-22 - Milan - the most Achtung Baby ever played at a live show. Any more explanation needed?

1987-11-18 - Los Angeles - one of the best (and longer) Joshua Tree setlists. Streets, I Will Follow and Out Of Control back to back to start the show - it doesn't get much better than that does it.

2017-05-14 - Seattle - the whole Joshua Tree album plus Bad AND A Sort Of Homecoming back to back, plus I Will Follow as closer? Yay.
    When I looked through the shows the other day a few of them I was also considering as the best of their tour. Seattle always annoyed me because I was picky about non band members joining them on stage to play a u2 song (MOTD) but on paper the show is right up their. 2019 shows had longer sets though. I was looking for a 2019 show that had 25 songs including love is bigger, EBW, Angel Of Harlem and Gloria but I think the closest has all that with IWF instead of Gloria. I’m bias towards I&E Glasgow 2 which also had no elevation (bonus point) and Bad/40 as closer plus Bono sang the fly vocals live which they then used for the Paris dvd. Gloria was played as well. And East Rutherford is another that I came across, I’m bias towards Baltimore because I think that’s the only 360 show with 6 from AB and 2 from Zooropa but some of the other sets had an additional song and just had HMTMKMKM instead of Ultraviolet so 5 from AB instead of 6.