1. I said that in pure sarcasm..I thought I+e was a great success
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Cancelled shows???Only 1 got cancelled due to the screen getting damaged they still ended up playing to nearly 4 million people making it one of the highest attended tours of the 90s.
    Check some articles from 97
  3. Popmart poor selling? US sure for some shows. Rest of the world a mega succes 🥳🥳 Wouldn't call that a careerbreaking faillure
  4. Don't want to reignite a topic that's been discussed multiple times but Popmart has the least number of shows = 1 in Sydney, when every other tour has been multiple nights; it was far from a mega success down here.
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Don't want to reignite a topic that's been discussed multiple times but Popmart has the least number of shows = 1 in Sydney, when every other tour has been multiple nights; it was far from a mega success down here.
    Popmart performed very poorly in Australia. A 2nd night was planned for Sydney, but the demand was clearly not there. You had Perth (13,755, which was actually a sellout), Melbourne (23,810) and Brisbane (17,567) which I would say are pretty abysmal failures, and then Sydney (37,976) was reasonably full, but definitely not sold out and definitely didn't warrant a 2nd show. The financial hit they took during those final weeks of Popmart must've been painful... Japan also didn't perform very well.

The point is that yes there were several examples of poor ticket sales during Popmart, but it wasn't really a potential careerbreaking situation like many claim it was.
  6. Stuck in isolation after testing positive yesterday - don’t feel too bad atm; and currently watching Rattle and Hum to fill in time. Got to the part where BB King walks on stage to rehearse When Love Comes To Town and he mutters like an old man about being 62 years old, to which a baby faced Bono chuckles. Then it hit me. The B-man will be 62 years old in less than a couple of weeks. WTAF! How did so much time pass so quickly 😮
  7. Lucifer's hands, crystal ballroom and the last three tracks on the deluxe album are no longer available on Spotify in Australia. Good one
  8. I've checked "U2 live" a book which is a complete indept analysis of all their touring history up to Elevation and only one gig was cancelled which was Raleigh due to the screen getting damaged, but I suspect they needed more rehearsal time as they were struggling playing some of the Pop songs and had 3 big gigs in Giants stadium 🏟 that week with the world's press waiting to pounce .
  9. Originally posted by dylbagz:Lucifer's hands, crystal ballroom and the last three tracks on the deluxe album are no longer available on Spotify in Australia. Good one
    Some of their best b sides. Ridiculous
  10. I really, really, really miss 90's U2.

I loved that experimental side of the band.

Now I can't even listen properly their albums from ATYCLB to Songs of Experience.

Fuck, they were the first band I ever bought an album with my own money. I grew up with them, started to love music with them but...

I don't know, I see they had enough with Pop selling figures and they wanted to come back to the roots but for me, It just sounded like "surrender" to the media.

Even so, I enjoyed with post Pop albums back in the day (hell, I was 17 when ATYCLB was launched), but I can't do it now.

Now they have turn into dinosaurs, with those JT tour and all that shit.

I'm having a U2 crisis xD
  11. For what it’s worth, I can’t listen to anything post “Exile” by The Stones and aside from a few decent tracks here and there I’m not much of a post 2000 Pearl Jam fan.

What I’m getting at is that it’s okay not to like anything after Pop. There’s good stuff in there but I have to be in the right mood to listen to it. However, I’m always up for listening to most of the stuff from U2’s first two decades of music. That’s nine (!) albums worth of material and that’s pretty special.