1. oh i did this in the tiktok questions and answers section, i don't know if it works but i saw the opportunity and i didn't waste it
  2. Watching many videos of Streets. Here’s a thought. Has the flash become less impressive over time or has the exposure management on modern cameras (and phones) gotten so good that it just doesn’t look as bright?

I just can’t get the flood of light hit from many 360 onwards videos of Streets.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:Watching many videos of Streets. Here’s a thought. Has the flash become less impressive over time or has the exposure management on modern cameras (and phones) gotten so good that it just doesn’t look as bright?

I just can’t get the flood of light hit from many 360 onwards videos of Streets.
    I think their stage designs don't favour that flash moment anymore.

On 360 the central spire was lit up and that looked good, but it still wasn't nearly as impressive as the complete set of lights from the Joshua / Zoo / Popmart / Elevation (shame on you Vertigo) stage going all out.

It looked a bit better on the IE stage, and it actually looks fantastic on the Paris video release, but I remember it wasn't really that impressive in person:

In fact I just revisited my videos from Barcelona and Amsterdam and the flash is nothing but a vague shadow of what it used to / should be:

3:05 for Amsterdam, 3:12 for Barcelona:

JT30 was the best chance to make the flash great again but they opted for the cinematic approach of the red screen and the camera panning of the desert road, confining the flash to just a few lights on the top and bottom of the screen. Missed chance. It's like... "where's my fucking flash???". And it was even worse in Europe when Streets started when there was still some daylight left.

Ironically, the Glastonbury flash was proper good.

4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I think their stage designs don't favour that flash moment anymore.

On 360 the central spire was lit up and that looked good, but it still wasn't nearly as impressive as the complete set of lights from the Joshua / Zoo / Popmart / Elevation (shame on you Vertigo) stage going all out.

It looked a bit better on the IE stage, and it actually looks fantastic on the Paris video release, but I remember it wasn't really that impressive in person:

[image]

In fact I just revisited my videos from Barcelona and Amsterdam and the flash is nothing but a vague shadow of what it used to / should be:

3:05 for Amsterdam, 3:12 for Barcelona:

[YouTube Video]
    [YouTube Video]

JT30 was the best chance to make the flash great again but they opted for the cinematic approach of the red screen and the camera panning of the desert road, confining the flash to just a few lights on the top and bottom of the screen. Missed chance. It's like... "where's my fucking flash???". And it was even worse in Europe when Streets started when there was still some daylight left.

[image]

Ironically, the Glastonbury flash was proper good.

[image]
    It might be that the camera today are way better in render light when you focus on it, ZooTV Sydney didn't probaly look like it does on the video in reality.
  5. If I remember correctly, the Streets-flash was friggin' bright during ZooTV, even brighter than on Lovetown.
    Can't compare to 1987, cause they didn't play Streets at the only show I saw, but I remember that the R&H-movie was the first time ever I noticed that flash.
  6. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:[..]
    It might be that the camera today are way better in render light when you focus on it, ZooTV Sydney didn't probaly look like it does on the video in reality.

It was every bit as impressive on the night; I can vouch for that
  7. ZooTV and Elevation both seemed very bright. They also happen to be the best iterations of the song I’m my opinion. I hope they tweak Streets for the last few tours. Make Streets great again.
  8. Originally posted by Papo:If I remember correctly, the Streets-flash was friggin' bright during ZooTV, even brighter than on Lovetown.
    Can't compare to 1987, cause they didn't play Streets at the only show I saw, but I remember that the R&H-movie was the first time ever I noticed that flash.
    That must’ve been rare, a 87 show with no streets? A few in Europe right?
  9. Yup. And you can notice the lack of crowd roar at that moment. That flash explosion was just the perfect piece of stagecraft. God darn Vertigo tour ruining it for everyone.
  10. Yes, Cologne 1987 in my case. Not a big deal for me back then, as Streets hadn't become the "anthem" (that it is now for many) yet.
    Plus, most shows started in the daylight, so the flash wouldn't have been impressive at all (as you can see in thepro-shot footage from Dublin 1987).
    They opened with Stand by Me - and as I had just begun to explore the music from the 50s and 60s and also loved John Lennon and his take on Stand by Me, I thought that was cool a.f.
  11. What if U2 as we knew it no longer exists? Instead of the four lads, it’s a sort of multiverse? As in as long as the four agree to lend the U2 brand to it its U2. Ie SOS, Letterman (though billed as Bono and Edge), Vegas…

I think that is a pretty cool punk rock extension of a band/gang in corporate 2023. “There is no them…there’s only us…”
  12. Originally posted by kris_smith87:What if U2 as we knew it no longer exists? Instead of the four lads, it’s a sort of multiverse? As in as long as the four agree to lend the U2 brand to it its U2. Ie SOS, Letterman (though billed as Bono and Edge), Vegas…

I think that is a pretty cool punk rock extension of a band/gang in corporate 2023. “There is no them…there’s only us…”

Nope. They should just hang it up at that point. If you wanna do a solo project or a duo project, fine, whatever. But it’s not U2.