1. I'd KILL for an old 1987 soundcheck of "Luminous Times"

(thought brought on by a thread w/ a link recently removed due to official material...the link contained Luminous Times, and someone mentioned its never been played live)

It doesn't deserve a setlist slot now, but it could have back in the day. And if I remember right, Edge even mentioned that he had thought about playing it for 360, in a Rolling Stone interview. But yeah...even a crackly old recording taken from outside a stadium in 87 would do the trick. Too bad, really.
  2. I really hope they do something different. THEY NEED TO OPEN WITH FEZ-BEING BORN. Still not sure why they haven't done this! Need it be said more?

3. LLOLOLOL you know Even better Than the Real Thing would work after Stingray I mean during the wah guitar into bono can say random crap that would get the crowd pumped. Just sayin'

4. not sure about opening with FEZ, but i would say there is a chance that they will play it, if other fan sites are correct in saying that the song was once called Tripoli:

"U.S. and British warships and submarines launched 110 Tomahawk missiles against air defences around the capital Tripoli and the western city of Misrata, which has been besieged by Gaddafi's forces," which has killed 150 people already or something..

all this war in libya may prompt this song to be brought into the set and another, new political speech by B?
  5. No connection between Fez and Libya.

6. doesn't that mean there could be a chance, or that they would make a modification to it to suit?
  7. Yep, they could rename it to Sunday bloody Sunday.
  8. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

LLOLOLOL you know Even better Than the Real Thing would work after Stingray I mean during the wah guitar into bono can say random crap that would get the crowd pumped. Just sayin'

EBTTRT would be a great opener, although it's too bad they've lost confidence in their more current music as openers. Zoo Station, Mofo, Elevation (usually), and Vertigo/COBL were all openers for the albums they were promoting. I suppose they have finished pushing NLOTH.

9. different Tripoili, the Tripoli of Lebanon, not Libya
  10. just thinking, if the 360 tour rolls to an end this summer..... what about the current presale code? and the ones to come until the next tour? can we just collect them in our u2.com profile? or won't they give out new ones until the next tour then? given it's another ~4 years until a new tour, I'd have 5 codes ready for 4 tix each.... I could take all my pals with me then. just thinking.
  11. I think current codes will expire after the tour ends and that they will stop distributing new ones.