1. Originally posted by popmarter:Fez is a great tune i always felt it should have been the opening song on the 360 tour such a shame they never played it.Edge's guitar 🎸 playing on SUC and Unknown caller is fantastic and among his best solo's ever IMO.
    Agree. Fez would be great opener. And SUC riff would rock the stadium. Not the best lyrics, but great rocker...
  2. And the remaster sounds better!!!
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Agree. Fez would be great opener. And SUC riff would rock the stadium. Not the best lyrics, but great rocker...
    I remember I assumed SUC was going to be added to the set list for the 2010 shows, especially after it became obvious Songs of Ascent wasn’t going to happen. It just seemed like an obvious choice for a filler slot, probably replacing Unknown Caller. I always liked the song, despite the less than stellar lyrics.

Instead, they dropped a bunch of NLOTH songs and replaced them with a bunch of unfinished rough drafts of songs like Glastonbury, EBW, North Star, etc... and then eventually those got replaced with Achtung Baby songs.

4. Just a little rework to an earlier prototype tracklisting of the album, and suddenly it became one of my most listened to albums... Love NLOTH because of all these songs, but it's sad how they butchered the experimental moroccan side of the album out of fear and filled it with more generic (imho) stuff.
  5. An average album. Breadth, Magnificent, Stand up comedy, is as good as it gets. MoS puts me to sleep. They put the wrong version of No Line on it too.

An album where they tried to do alternative but backed out half way through by the sounds of it. They did alternative in the 90s and it was great.

This album is why we got SOI & SOE with a more focused writing and sonic theme.
  6. I kind of forgot how much I love this album. I have wrestled with my opinion of GOYB for years, but in the context of the album I kinda like it. I always sandwiched Winter in there between Breathe and Cedars of Lebanon.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:I kind of forgot how much I love this album. I have wrestled with my opinion of GOYB for years, but in the context of the album I kinda like it. I always sandwiched Winter in there between Breathe and Cedars of Lebanon.
    I love NLOTH just as much now as I did 12 years ago. It is definitely an album that requires active listening but the payoff is well worth the musical journey. It's easily in the top half of U2 albums for me. IMHO, either U2 fans "get" NLOTH or they don't. I agree that Winter should be on the back side of the album somewhere. I track it right after FEZ and before White as Snow.
  8. Originally posted by Pauln:An average album. Breadth, Magnificent, Stand up comedy, is as good as it gets. MoS puts me to sleep. They put the wrong version of No Line on it too.

An album where they tried to do alternative but backed out half way through by the sounds of it. They did alternative in the 90s and it was great.

+1
  9. Originally posted by Pauln:An average album. Breadth, Magnificent, Stand up comedy, is as good as it gets. MoS puts me to sleep. They put the wrong version of No Line on it too.

Unfortunately SOI is only half as good as NLOTH and SOE is not half as good as SOI 😩
  10. Winter and Soon definitely should have made the cut. And overall I continue to agree with the sentiment that the band should have gone more all-out in embracing the Moroccan ethos and experimenting further.

Having said that, revisiting the three "commercial" attempts in the middle (Crazy, Boots, and SUC), I was surprised at how much I enjoyed all three. Crazy is one of the better pop songs the band has written, Boots is just a weird but fun romp, and SUC should have rocked a stadium.

Anyone else with similar mixed feelings here?
  11. SUC gets a bad rap round here i always thought it was a great tune it's like Zeppelin meets the Chilli peppers with an amazing guitar solo thrown in.

12. The only great song is magnificent.
    GOYB is not a good choice for a single.
    Who wants a single with such titre? U2 is serious...
    Same mistake than the title discothèque and village people clip...
    Zero title will be played live in the futur. A little like pop. Which song of this album is on the same level than new years day prise sunday with or without you streets still one beautiduk day vertigo ?