1. Staggering that anyone thinks that any other song is on the same level as Elvis Presley and America. A 3 minute track of Bono breaking wind would be at worst 2/10 simply because it won’t be as bad as EPAE.

2. you were giving it an 8 yourself 8 years ago It's always fun to scroll back on these kind of pages.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:Staggering that anyone thinks that any other song is on the same level as Elvis Presley and America. A 3 minute track of Bono breaking wind would be at worst 2/10 simply because it won’t be as bad as EPAE.
    You speak truth good sir. Absolutely their most dismal track ever. GOYB having a threesome with Red Light and Grace wouldn't be remotely as lame as EPaE.
  4. I would easily rate Elvis Presley and America a 8/10
  5. Just another thing to add about song ratings since it came up. I reckon there’s a few albums worth of ‘non album’ tracks (b sides, outtakes etc) that are stronger than some of the proper albums as a whole. I’ve made up an early days, mid 80’s, JT era, 90’s, ATYCLB era and 2005-2020, playlists/albums up of these songs, 6 good size albums worth of material. The early days is the only bunch I’m not overly keen on but still some good songs on there.
  6. has it come this far that liking a certain U2 song is seen as trolling on a U2 forum?
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Just another thing to add about song ratings since it came up. I reckon there’s a few albums worth of ‘non album’ tracks (b sides, outtakes etc) that are stronger than some of the proper albums as a whole. I’ve made up an early days, mid 80’s, JT era, 90’s, ATYCLB era and 2005-2020, playlists/albums up of these songs, 6 good size albums worth of material. The early days is the only bunch I’m not overly keen on but still some good songs on there.
    I was just thinking about how we haven't really heard anything re: non-album tracks from NLOTH, SOI, or SOE.

I guess you could count North Star / EBW / Mercy etc, the stuff that popped up on 360.2, but those aren't really b-sides / outtakes. All we ever get now are remixes.
  8. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    I was just thinking about how we haven't really heard anything re: non-album tracks from NLOTH, SOI, or SOE.

I guess you could count North Star / EBW / Mercy etc, the stuff that popped up on 360.2, but those aren't really b-sides / outtakes. All we ever get now are remixes.
    I counted mercy since we have a good quality studio version and I put the North Star transformers version on it since I guess you could stretch that to count as a release. Didn’t bother with EBW since it’s on SOI albeit a different version.