1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

It was on both versions I got (the tour edition and the DVD edition) and that's how I've had it since day one so I count it as one. It's filler...hell, they recorded it on the last day of the sessions!!! That goes to show something.

That's not to say whatever on NLOTH whatever was recorded late (I'll put us back on that in this topic) is a bad track and I don't know what was recorded first or last either - late tracks aren't a bad thing but in the case of Fast Cars it's filler as you can get. I've always thought Stand Up sounds rushed, and I'm sure that's a last-minute recording and addition to the record.

The problem with the last three albums is they sound like a bunch of songs (some good, some bad) simply mashed together - I don't feel a consistent theme, musically or lyrically, that connects the songs on each album. The Joshua Tree has "feel," so do Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and, even War. I think that almost got there with NLOTH, but tracks like "Boots," "Crazy", and "Stand Up..." ruined it.
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

The problem with the last three albums is they sound like a bunch of songs (some good, some bad) simply mashed together - I don't feel a consistent theme, musically or lyrically, that connects the songs on each album. The Joshua Tree has "feel," so do Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and, even War. I think that almost got there with NLOTH, but tracks like "Boots," "Crazy", adn "Stand Up..." ruined it.

Yes they did. Should've made an album with tunes in the same realm as Fez. When I listen to NLOTH these days (it's once in a blue moon) I skip all of the "mainstream" sounding songs, because I can find the same sorts of songs but better on the last two albums.
  3. Still listening to it regularly bar white as snow I CAN'T stand it,it's awful,on a par with wild honey

1. No Line On The Horizon - 8
    2. Magnificent - 10
    3. Moment of Surrender - 7
    4. Unknown Caller - 8
    5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Crazy Tonight - 6
    6. Get On Your Boots - 10
    7. Stand Up Comedy - 5
    8. Fez-Being Born - 7
    9. White As Snow - 0!!!
    10. Breathe - 10
    11. Cedars Of Lebanon - 8

4. how is Cedars any better? worst 2 tracks on the album

5. I thought the verses of "Cedars" were kind of cool but that chorus is awful - ruins the song for me.
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]
    It doesn't feel short, it just is too short. It could have easily gone another 5-10 minutes and still been one of the best, if not the best, from the album.

I wouldn't mind if ithad a few more instrumental breaks in there and a longer introduction.
  7. Originally posted by gibbo1968:Still listening to it regularly bar white as snow I CAN'T stand it,it's awful,on a par with wild honey

9. White As Snow - 0!!!

Now that's harsh! Wild Honey is possibly their worst song.
  8. Extended the 1st post.
  9. 1. No Line On The Horizon - 7
    2. Magnificent - 8
    3. Moment of Surrender - 9
    4. Unknown Caller - 7
    5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Crazy Tonight - 4
    6. Get On Your Boots - 5
    7. Stand Up Comedy - 5
    8. Fez-Being Born - 8
    9. White As Snow - 5
    10. Breathe - 5
    11. Cedars Of Lebanon - 7
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I think that almost got there with NLOTH, but tracks like "Boots," "Crazy", and "Stand Up..." ruined it.

I agree 100%
  11. 1. No Line On The Horizon - 8
    2. Magnificent - 9
    3. Moment of Surrender - 9
    4. Unknown Caller - 10
    5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Crazy Tonight - 7
    6. Get On Your Boots - 6
    7. Stand Up Comedy - 5
    8. Fez-Being Born - 9
    9. White As Snow - 7
    10. Breathe - 8
    11. Cedars Of Lebanon - 8

12. The whole album just feels gray, so you have to be in a certain mood for it.
    Still say if they mastered what they had in Fez we'd have had a 3rd Masterpiece.