1. I really enjoyed NLOTH and of course the 3 years of the 360 tour to promote it (of course they had dropped a lot of it by the time we got to Moncton).

SOI was so lame in comparison, thankfully SOE is a masterpiece and a massive return to form.
  2. Brilliant album,i was very disappointed they choose to mug off the NLOTH songs during the latter part of the 360,AB anniversary or not.
    The 2009 tour was easily the better part of the tour imo.
  3. Originally posted by Edi:I really enjoyed NLOTH and of course the 3 years of the 360 tour to promote it (of course they had dropped a lot of it by the time we got to Moncton).

SOI was so lame in comparison, thankfully SOE is a masterpiece and a massive return to form.
    Interesting reading people’s differing opinions. I hate SOE. To me it’s my least favorite in a long time. Glad you love it though. Art is very subjective. I hope the songs take on a new life live.
  4. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Interesting reading people’s differing opinions. I hate SOE. To me it’s my least favorite in a long time. Glad you love it though. Art is very subjective. I hope the songs take on a new life live.
    I've only seen a few of the new tunes live but they were great.

One other thing I'd say about NLOTH is that the packaging was fantastic. The boxed version of the album ranks among my favourite releases.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I don't know if there's some sarcasm I'm missing here, but... HMTMKMKM has some of the best lyrics I have ever read by anyone.

They don't know what you're doing?
    Babe, it must be art

You don't know how you got here,
    you just know you want out.
    Believing in yourself
    almost as much as you doubt

And specially:

They want you to be Jesus,
    they'll go down on one knee.
    But they'll want their money back
    if you're alive at thirty-three!

And you're turning tricks
    with your crucifix.
    You're a star.

That is as brilliant and sharp as lyrics gets.

For me it's got the same lyrical feel as UTEOTW (apologies for the slightly off topic-ness) but yeah I think the GOYB lyrics are brilliant as well
  6. Originally posted by kezman:Brilliant album,i was very disappointed they choose to mug off the NLOTH songs during the latter part of the 360,AB anniversary or not.
    The 2009 tour was easily the better part of the tour imo.
    I always love shows that feature loads from the album they’re touring however I really couldn’t complain at them going heavy on my favourite album and adding in my two favourites from the Zooropa album also. My biggest complaint about 360 would be boots and i’ll Go crazy remix (two of my least favourite moments of any show) hanging around when breathe, unknown caller and nloth were ditched. We also never seen White as snow, fez or even stand up comedy live and the album version of i’ll Go crazy would have even been a welcome replacement for the remix. However as a whole I thought the tour was excellent and one that the type of people who go to several shows in different continents would have really got there money’s worth. I even got a good selection of songs between my 3 shows and that was only 2 cities.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I always love shows that feature loads from the album they’re touring however I really couldn’t complain at them going heavy on my favourite album and adding in my two favourites from the Zooropa album also. My biggest complaint about 360 would be boots and i’ll Go crazy remix (two of my least favourite moments of any show) hanging around when breathe, unknown caller and nloth were ditched. We also never seen White as snow, fez or even stand up comedy live and the album version of i’ll Go crazy would have even been a welcome replacement for the remix. However as a whole I thought the tour was excellent and one that the type of people who go to several shows in different continents would have really got there money’s worth. I even got a good selection of songs between my 3 shows and that was only 2 cities.
    I thought the remix of Crazy was really suitable for 360, but I’m frankly quite surprised they didn’t bust out the album version on the e-stage in 2015. It seems perfectly suited to that, and it’s a fairly-well known song - I’ve heard it on the radio several times, well after NLOTH was released. Maybe this year?
  8. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I thought the remix of Crazy was really suitable for 360, but I’m frankly quite surprised they didn’t bust out the album version on the e-stage in 2015. It seems perfectly suited to that, and it’s a fairly-well known song - I’ve heard it on the radio several times, well after NLOTH was released. Maybe this year?
    Maybe, I’m not overly keen though on hearing NLOTH songs in the shows now. I wouldn’t complain with certain ones including original i’ll Go crazy since I’ve never seen in it in person but I’m not wishing for it either. Back then I felt that was the chance to play these tunes and I would have been really glad to hear them, I remember getting excited with that little teaser of fez I think during the Cape Town broadcast nowadays I’d think it was cool but nothing more.
  9. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]

For me it's got the same lyrical feel as UTEOTW (apologies for the slightly off topic-ness) but yeah I think the GOYB lyrics are brilliant as well
    UTEOTW is Judas speaking to Jesus all the way through while HMTMKMKM talks about showbiz and stardom and only has that Jesus reference in the 3rd verse, but yeah they definitely are both similar in that regard. And both are lyrical masterpieces in my opinion.
  10. This is neither here nor there, but we should really just change this topic to "No Line on the Horizon - Discussion" instead of updating the title every year
  11. Originally posted by MattG:This is neither here nor there, but we should really just change this topic to "No Line on the Horizon - Discussion" instead of updating the title every year
    Having the year updated every time is awesome I think. Really blows my mind every time how much time has passed