1. Agree x2.

There's also NLOTH: General discussion thread #2 but there's something special about changing the thread's title every year. NLOTH was the first album released after U2start was founded, the first release we lived together, and seeing NLOTH after X Years makes you realize how much time has passed - and we're still here! Ha.
  2. It's mind blowing that NLOTH is gonna be 10 soon. I've admitted this before but I think im probably one of the younger fans here. No Line was the first u2 album I bought myself, I can remember preordering it on iTunes and getting to download Boots to hear just a small piece of the album. This album has been kinda a journey from actually being really put off by it at first, to thinking now its one of their best later albums. To my mind, NLOTH was kind of the end of a chapter for me as a fan. By the time SOI came out I was in college and my tastes had changed quite a bit. I guess it's probably fair to say No Line is the last album I probably have any serious nostalgia for. Its been interesting taking note of how I'm feeling about the next two as I listen to them. Its no longer a given that I'm just going to like the album.
  3. Sorry for the rambling tho everyone, I was curious as to what the fan responses were on here when the album first came out. Has there been a massive change in opinions as time has gone on?
  4. Originally posted by tkfiyah:Sorry for the rambling tho everyone, I was curious as to what the fan responses were on here when the album first came out. Has there been a massive change in opinions as time has gone on?
    I always like these personal stories of users relationship with the band and their music!

NLOTH was the first album hey released that I got in the day it came out. I had Bomb for Christmas the year it came out but this was the first one I could go and buy myself.
  5. Originally posted by tkfiyah:It's mind blowing that NLOTH is gonna be 10 soon. I've admitted this before but I think im probably one of the younger fans here. No Line was the first u2 album I bought myself, I can remember preordering it on iTunes and getting to download Boots to hear just a small piece of the album. This album has been kinda a journey from actually being really put off by it at first, to thinking now its one of their best later albums. To my mind, NLOTH was kind of the end of a chapter for me as a fan. By the time SOI came out I was in college and my tastes had changed quite a bit. I guess it's probably fair to say No Line is the last album I probably have any serious nostalgia for. Its been interesting taking note of how I'm feeling about the next two as I listen to them. Its no longer a given that I'm just going to like the album.
    YES from A to Z. 100% agreed, you're totally describing my experience too. I even remember the morning Get On Your Boots was premiered, how I "forced" myself to like it but internally how I wished the rest of the album was different - and I swear it was
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Agree x2.

There's also NLOTH: General discussion thread #2 but there's something special about changing the thread's title every year. NLOTH was the first album released after U2start was founded, the first release we lived together, and seeing NLOTH after X Years makes you realize how much time has passed - and we're still here! Ha.
    Fair play!

I LOVED Boots when it first came out, because it was shockingly different than anything I'd ever heard them do before. It wasn't the catchiest or most replayable thing in the world, but it was fresh. And I thought the Grammys/Brits performances were ballsy. Really didn't know what to expect from the tour.

When I finally heard the rest of the album, I was a little underwhelmed overall, and at least got Boots into perspective as one of the weaker tracks. I really liked Crazy Tonight, but got over it kinda fast. Never got all the hype about MOS, still really don't. It's alright.

Fez was mindblowing, and always had kind of a soft spot for Breathe - even though I think in a lot of ways, its equally corny as Boots!

Unknown Caller is going to be the Playboy Mansion of the 00's when we look back on this album even later, but - just as I have continuously loved TPM - I love it!
  7. Also obvious shoutout to Bob (RIP) for starting this wonderful topic

Miss you buddy, pour one out for Bob (but ONLY if you're of legal age to have alcohol. Seriously.)
  8. Originally posted by MattG:Also obvious shoutout to Bob (RIP) for starting this wonderful topic

Miss you buddy, pour one out for Bob (but ONLY if you're of legal age to have alcohol. Seriously.)
    Before I even opened this thread, I knew this comment would be about him.

RIP Bob. I've damaged my liver substantially since your departure.
  9. My all-time favorite person I've ever encountered on a forum. Including you, Kieran.
  10. NLOTH is a bit like Zooropa and SOE. You like it or not. Apart from Boots, together with Numb the 2 worst songs of U2. I do like NLOTH. But not in my top 5. Could so, crazy and unkown caller, are just average.
  11. Originally posted by ferrari:NLOTH is a bit like Zooropa and SOE. You like it or not. Apart from Boots, together with Numb the 2 worst songs of U2. I do like NLOTH. But not in my top 5. Could so, crazy and unkown caller, are just average.

12. Sorry for having an opinion.