2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]

I was the one who said that. I have been to Pinkpop once, a pretty huge festival in the Netherlands, and didnt hear anyone booing. Its normal you dont like every band of artist you see there but booing to them is something that just isnt right. I also understand that there a lot of people who think Bono is a complete idiot with all his talking about Africa and stuff ( I even agree with them) But they wouldnt boo at U2 just because they think Bono is a idiot. U2 needs to give a hell of a show there and like you say they should come up with something completely different than the 360 tour and I'am very curious if they could give a hell of a show there.

Good points.U2 will be fine.I believe they played Live 8,2005.They did great.They opened with McCartney and did a solid Sgt Pepper.Then played a couple of hits.I have been to many festivals,my last was All Points West,2008,NYC,to see the great Radiohead.A friend of mine saw Bruce at the Hyde Park Festival a couple of years ago.He said alot of fans werent into him.They just watched,and kinda waited for him to finish.Strange to me.But,I wasnt there.He said there was zero booing.I attended Glastonbury in 2003.Very cool festival.I was there to see Radiohead.Many of the bands I didnt like.I didnt boo.I just walked about,taking it all in and watched other bands.U2 will be fine.Streets as an opener would be amazing,as it was on the JT tour.I just hope they drop Boots,and play North Star/Mercy.I would expect a standard set,mostly singles and an odd tune (Scarlet?).U2 have been around for over 30 years.They played many a festival in the 1980s,and dominated.The 2005 Live 8 they opened because they had a gig that night somewhere in Europe,or they would have played a bigger roll.If Jay Z can play Glastonbury and pull it off,then U2 will.As far as a guest,how about Noel Gallagher,maybe a Beatle tune ? ? ? ! !
  2. yeah it will probably not be a problem.. its just i can't think of any other musical artist who is hated even half as much as bono - thats the only reason i'm thinking this might be different...

and you can't really compare it with live8 for obvious reasons. that was a totally different event and only a 4 song set

the closest thing they have done to this in the last 25 years is the tibetan freedom concert and they pulled that off but they were a different animal back then...
  3. Easy enough, play popular stuff, don't preach and it'll be good.
  4. Or just play Acrobat
  5. ...and Like A Song....
  6. Alternatively, Levitate would be a far better choice. I know, I know.

7. Yep, the guys in the beer tents would certainly appreciate the rush of consumers that would arrive during the song
  8. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Yep, the guys in the beer tents would certainly appreciate the rush of consumers that would arrive during the song

lol
  9. Originally posted by ric:yeah it will probably not be a problem.. its just i can't think of any other musical artist who is hated even half as much as bono - thats the only reason i'm thinking this might be different...

and you can't really compare it with live8 for obvious reasons. that was a totally different event and only a 4 song set

the closest thing they have done to this in the last 25 years is the tibetan freedom concert and they pulled that off but they were a different animal back then...

Dont know what sort of bars your hanging out in mate but U2 and Bono are adored by billions and begrudged by some ,U2 were a festival Band up to 86 and were huge then ,they always pull it off,they can play anywhere the 360 tour is essentially wrapping paper ,they dont need it and are a very hard working band that would be just as comfortable playing in a tent or community hall,Anybody who is massive is equally as hated,Madonna ,ga ga,Liam gallagher,bieber,Eminem,MJ,Coldplay the list is endless ,a lot of the hate is said on the Internet however the same people who write all the drivel probably have these artists on their Ipod
  10. they will absolutely blow glastonbury away and people will see that they are the best live band in the history of music. i thank you
  11. BB King is playing on the Holt stage on the Friday night, so maybe we will get "when love comes to town" in boys set on the pryamid stage