1. about what Corgan says .. who knows what he thinks about James Iha album
    listenable here
  2. He looks the same as he did 20 years ago! I wonder if the "One" shirt is kind of a dig at Corgan's "Zero" shirt?

Admittedly, I was never a big fan James Iha's songs that made it onto the Smashing Pumpkins albums. I should still give it a listen, however, to see what kind of music he thinks is relevant.
  3. Not even Mayonaise?
  4. hehe

5. Nice one.

I was referring to the vocals as opposed to the co-writing.

Mayonaise is a GREAT song - so is Soma.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Siamese Dream is one of the best albums of the 1990's - and of all-time.
  6. coming to work i've given Oceania a listen (3/4 at least) and i admit i'agree with Corgan .. he's definetely in a midlife crisis

milk in the knees
    (literal translation of a way of saying here, don't know if it has sense elsewhere)
  7. MELLON COLLIE & THE INFINITE SADNESS REMASTERED

DELUXE BOX SET:
    – 5CD +DVD
    – Physical Tracks: 106, Digital Tracks: 92
    – Original album remastered for the first time
    – 64 bonus tracks of previously unreleased material or alternate versions of Mellon Collie era songs
    – DVD featuring live show filmed at the Brixton Academy, London (1996) and bonus performances from Rockpalast (1996)
    – Housed in a 12 x 12 lift-top box with magnetic closure, reimagined cover art and velvet-lined disc holder
    – 2 books containing personal notes, lyrics, new collage artwork plus a Decoupage kit for creating your own scenes from the Mellon Collie universe.

VINYL
    – 4LP (180gram), Original album remastered for first time, 28 tracks
    – Remastered vinyl features the original record spread out over 8 sides (4 LPS) for the first time to ensure the optimum sound
    – MCIS never before released on vinyl in the US (original vinyl previously released in the UK)
    – Housed in 12×12 rigid slipcase with 2 books containing personal notes, new collage artwork, lyrics and more.

2CD-
    - Original double album remastered for the first time
    - Physical and Digital Tracks: 28
  8. I think I'm going to get the lot of that - it sounds too good, therefore it needs purchased.

Meanwhile, I just grabbed Gish on vinyl for £10.
  9. Originally posted by clover68:MELLON COLLIE & THE INFINITE SADNESS REMASTERED

DELUXE BOX SET:
    – 5CD +DVD
    – Physical Tracks: 106, Digital Tracks: 92
    – Original album remastered for the first time
    – 64 bonus tracks of previously unreleased material or alternate versions of Mellon Collie era songs
    – DVD featuring live show filmed at the Brixton Academy, London (1996) and bonus performances from Rockpalast (1996)
    – Housed in a 12 x 12 lift-top box with magnetic closure, reimagined cover art and velvet-lined disc holder
    – 2 books containing personal notes, lyrics, new collage artwork plus a Decoupage kit for creating your own scenes from the Mellon Collie universe.

VINYL
    – 4LP (180gram), Original album remastered for first time, 28 tracks
    – Remastered vinyl features the original record spread out over 8 sides (4 LPS) for the first time to ensure the optimum sound
    – MCIS never before released on vinyl in the US (original vinyl previously released in the UK)
    – Housed in 12×12 rigid slipcase with 2 books containing personal notes, new collage artwork, lyrics and more.

2CD-
    - Original double album remastered for the first time
    - Physical and Digital Tracks: 28

This will be tempting - and quite expensive.
  10. deluxe costs 107€ on amazon.it
  11. Buzz kill coming...

Looking through the tracklist, it appears that they will indeed still be creating a reissue for The Aeroplane Flies High package - which I think is silly. That was just a collection of b-sides from MC&TIS. I was hoping they'd simply put all of those tracks together plus a FEW bonus ones (no need for all of those outtakes, imho) into one package.
  12. Not a buzz kill if nobody's forcing you to buy it