1. I'm not a huge Beatles fan; infact, I think they're over-rated really. But, I found this earlier on today, and it's astonishing.

2. Beatles
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:I'm not a huge Beatles fan; infact, I think they're over-rated really. But, I found this earlier on today, and it's astonishing.

I'd rather that you find them overrated and understand what they did than dismissing them completely.
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2I'm not a huge Beatles fan; infact, I think they're over-rated really. But, I found this earlier on today, and it's astonishing.

[YouTube Video]

They were fucking amazing, man. The kings of harmony (did you see that at 1:22 where Paul joined the harmony line a bit late but a bit louder than he should? Awesome), of song-writing, of everything.

I heartfully agree that, compared to today's musical standards, The Beatles could be a bit over-rated. But their influence over every music style made after them has been, is and will be so massively vast that they deserve every praise someone can give them. Their songs might be short, but they made more than 200, and at least 25 or 30 are in everyone's minds. They might not be the most talented instrumentists on Earth, but they have undeniedably been the biggest influence for all the biggest performers that have happened in the second half of the 20th century. They've sold more albums than anyone else. They have more number Ones than anyone else.
  5. It's amazing how they performed without hearing themselves.
  6. What I found so intriguing about that video was that the audience were so freaking loud, but not only that; there's girls getting carried away because they are trying to run to the stage or because they've fainted. No one was allowed to stand on the pitch, it was all seating, and yet it still looks crazy. Also, that concert at Shea Stadium held the record for the highest capacity at a concert (55,000) until Led Zeppelin came along. Amazing.
  7. Originally posted by KieranU2What I found so intriguing about that video was that the audience were so freaking loud, but not only that; there's girls getting carried away because they are trying to run to the stage or because they've fainted. No one was allowed to stand on the pitch, it was all seating, and yet it still looks crazy. Also, that concert at Shea Stadium held the record for the highest capacity at a concert (55,000) until Led Zeppelin came along. Amazing.

The noise was so loud that the Beatles couldn't hear what they were playing, imagine that...
  8. I encourage any Beatles fan to watch the Anthology Series that was released in the mid-1990's. It's outstanding.
  9. Originally posted by RUMMYI encourage any Beatles fan to watch the Anthology Series that was released in the mid-1990's. It's outstanding.

Got it on DVD....The Beatles WERE the 60's. It's astonishing how many albums/songs they released in an 8 year span. That is an accomplishment right there. But what's even more astonishing is how they evolved with the times and their music reflected it, and in such a short period of time.
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:I encourage any Beatles fan to watch the Anthology Series that was released in the mid-1990's. It's outstanding.

in my opinion that Anthology is a must in a music fan home
  11. I am listening to Come Together. John, George and Paul playing the guitar in a magnificent way.