U2 - Lemon
Album:
Zooropa (1993)
  1. The ZooTV Sydney version is by far my favorite version because Bono hits what is maybe my favorite note he ever hit on the 4th "midnight" in the second chorus. I have literally rewound and listened to that over and over so many times in the past 25 years that I couldn't even begin to count how many.
  2. Off with the horns and on with the show
  3. My dads favourite U2 song and I quite enjoy it too
  4. One of the better songs from Zooropa. Count myself lucky to have heard this live and agree the Zoo-TV version is stunning; it oozes the pathos and fragility stemming from the death of his mother. Will have to go listen to it again.
  5. Always thought the chorus sections had a touch of Talking Heads - anyone know if there was an influence somewhere?

6. Definitely a major influence on that song it hits you immediately Edge was a big fan of Talking Heads and wasn't David Byrne involved with Greenpeace along with U2. Lemon ,Zooropa and Stay are the highlights on that album the vinyl version is the coolest release ever
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    [image]
    Definitely a major influence on that song it hits you immediately Edge was a big fan of Talking Heads and wasn't David Byrne involved with Greenpeace along with U2. Lemon ,Zooropa and Stay are the highlights on that album the vinyl version is the coolest release ever
    I’d love that vinyl.
  8. Incredible stuff.
  9. Yep incredible would be a fitting term, excellent, great, exceptional would all also work. One of edges best solo’s in terms of impact.
  10. Adam is top class on this track. One of his best
  11. Dreaming that they play this live again.