1. I think I'm the only one who didn't get that Joe's joke...
  2. Dirty Day would be cool anywhere. Because it is just that good. As for what they might do - release a few more albums, one more big tour, few more indoor tours, remaster and cash in on the rest of their back-catalogue and then whatever happens is whatever happens.

What I'd love to see:

- Another world tour bigger than 360, call it 720.

- Few more albums, bit of experimentalism and straight-up rock albums.

- Release a box-set with a disc of unreleased demos from each album session.

- Release a decent fanclub album.

- Play Womanfish, A Celebration and Red Light and other obscure classics. After all, if ATYCLB is getting too much attention, play some real gems.

- Finally, bring back The Dalton Brothers for an encore.
  3. Everything makes sense reading fabian's post. Damn me. Thank you, Olof
  4. Originally posted by LikeASongEverything makes sense reading fabian's post. Damn me. Thank you, Olof

Happy to be of assistance.
  5. A new album (Single Disc Version), and a Deluxe Edition released the SAME WEEK.
    Disc 1: New Album, Disc 2: Outtakes, Disc 3: More Outtakes(including Songs of Ascent Leftovers, Rick Rubin leftovers, etc) Disc 4: Even More Outtakes Disc 5: Best Demos

A Tour where Each city gets two shows. One No-Frills Stadium show where the music is center stage, and An Arena Show where production costs are kept to an all time minimum. Make it about the Music. And film 10 full shows without Cornish Hamilton's shaky camera. Make all shots last a long time. No stupid two seconds of this and one second of that. I can't watch that crap. And how about something crazy for the shows:

Stadium Show:

New song(3:46)
    The Joshua Tree Full Album (55:10)
    (BREAK)
    Achtung Baby Full Album (60:25)
    (BREAK)
    New Song(4:22)
    Sunday Bloody Sunday(4:33)
    40(4:12)

Arena Show: (Did not take the time to think out actual order of songs, just made up how long they should be)

New Song(3:46)
    New Song(6:04)
    New Song(5:12)
    Mofo(6:24)
    Discotheque(4:24)
    Please(5:00)
    No Line On The Horizon(4:05)
    Magnificent(5:20)
    The Original of The Species(4:25)
    New Song(3:14)
    New Song(3:33)
    New Song(4:22)
    Breathe(5:00)
    Crumbs From Your Table(4:38)
    (BREAK)
    Zooropa(5:50)
    Babyface(3:48)
    Lemon(4:17)
    Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car(5:09)
    Staring At The Sun(Electric)(4:03)
    The Wanderer(3:38)
    New Song(4:36)
    Spanish Eyes(3:02)
    (BREAK...then 2 song encore)
    Kite(4:10)
    Mercy(4:33)
  6. They'd be in rehearsals from here to eternity, trying to learn to play all that lot, Jason.

7. As ambitious as my idea is, you're probably right. If they had the passion, they could do it. They've been playing 40% of the songs in my setlists for ages. Of course, Bono has trouble with lyrics. I am a huge fan of Spanish Eyes, and Bono screws up nearly every live version. Even the Edge stumbled with it a few times. "Staring At The Sun" (Electric) would take them at least 4 weeks alone. I can't even remember if it is in my post or not.