1. even after 12 years already, this date is edged into memory... I just went to YT for one of those tribute videos to 9/11 using the Enya song "Only Time". But even the most respectful work, and I mean respectful, does not take away the huirt and disbelief I still feel when seeing the live images of when the planes hit, the towers collapsed, the people were tried to be rescued and victims were carried out... a tragic thinng, never stopping to make you speechless with emotional hurt.

RIP. Never forgotten.
  2. I remember I was 12 years old and was playing in the living room with my sister who was one year. The TV was on and my mother was cooking. I stopped paying attention to my sister because I was terrified of what I saw on television. I called my mother to come.
    Still I can't believe that human beings are capable of committing such atrocities.

11th September is the anniversary of my parents. Today makes 30 years of marriage

It's a date that we'll always remember.
  3. As I do on this date every year, I walk downtown to the site, pay my respects to all the innocent people who lost their lives that day to those evil bastards, who will forever burn in hell.

My community, TriBeCa, has not recovered from the events of that day......and never will.

Never Forget.
  4. Truly a horrible day in the history of this milennium. We should also remember the terrorist attack last year in Benghazi. In Sweden the focus isn't on any of this though, because this day also marks ten years since the murder of Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh. I remember that day clearly, even though I was only seven years old.

Rest in peace, all of the people who have died senseless, unnecessary deaths on this day.
  5. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Truly a horrible day in the history of this milennium. We should also remember the terrorist attack last year in Benghazi. In Sweden the focus isn't on any of this though, because this day also marks ten years since the murder of Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh. I remember that day clearly, even though I was only seven years old.

Rest in peace, all of the people who have died senseless, unnecessary deaths on this day.

And we should also remember death of 110.000 civilians in Iraq after the invasion that was based on lies. I don't want to underestimate 3000 dead people in attack on WTC but it seems to me that we treat WTC as tragedy and Iraq as statistics.

Every life, whether taken in WTC attacks, in Iraq or in any other place is - life. And it should be honored.

It still remember, I was a little kid just returning from primary school, when my mother told me what happened. When I saw it on TV I was hypnotized. And the whole world remained hypnotized for months to come. It's one of those shocks that you remember your whole life.

RIP to all the people who died because of religious extremism and greed of politicians. We should never allow it again.
  6. I was working midnights at the time and was sleeping when the attacks had occurred. I was awoken by at a phone call from Sunrise Record Store telling me that for the time being the U2 concert (which I had a wristband for tickets) was on hold because of the attacks that happened in New York. I was sleeping and unaware of any attacks so I put the television on and seen live on TV tower #2 crumble to the ground. A couple weeks later U2 announced to go ahead with the remainder of the tour and I seen them in Hamilton which was the most emotional U2 concert that I have ever attended live. The songs seemed to take on a new meaning with the prior events.
  7. Truly tragic day for everyone. I lived in Spain at the time, was 13...remember running to my parents and waking them up and then staying beside the TV the whole day...the images still shock and sadden me.
    It was a sad day every where for all kinds of people...I remember Iranians spontaneously took to the streets of Tehran with candles in their hands and tears in their eyes:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44b_1359356589&comments=1

RIP. Never...never ever forgotten.
  8. Originally posted by Ali709:Truly tragic day for everyone. I lived in Spain at the time, was 13...remember running to my parents and waking them up and then staying beside the TV the whole day...the images still shock and sadden me.
    It was a sad day every where for all kinds of people...I remember Iranians spontaneously took to the streets of Tehran with candles in their hands and tears in their eyes:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44b_1359356589&comments=1

RIP. Never...never ever forgotten.

WOW. I didn't know that. A lot would be surprised...

9. ² The only videos I can remember from The Middle East about the 9/11 attacks where some idiots burning American flags. Or I haven't been looking good enough or there where media sources who didn't want to show this kind of news.

Horrible day ofcourse 9/11. Exactely remeber where I was, at a friend, playing Pokemon (I was 9) on the couch when his mother turned on the TV. Also remeber the terrified feeling I got when I saw all the news about it, I thought the world was going to end.

The tribute U2 made later that night (?) was amazing:

The scream at the start still give me goosebumps.
  10. I will never forget that Day, i was just come back from Work to Lunch, switched on the TV and saw the first tower burning. I don't have to tell you what happened the next Hours, but i can tell you that i wasn't able to open up my Shop again this Day. And i'm in Germany, can't imagine the pain of the direct involved, they must be paralysed to this Day.

My thoughts are with the Victims and their loved ones who were cowardly attacked that Day

11. Originally posted by bartajax:² The only videos I can remember from The Middle East about the 9/11 attacks where some idiots burning American flags. Or I haven't been looking good enough or there where media sources who didn't want to show this kind of news.

You know the answer

12. I'm afraid I do.....
    Altough I was just 9 so don't remember everything from that day and I don't really believe that Dutch media won't show anything like that.

But lets not turn this into a media thread, before you know it youknowwho shows up